o
Caeleste
OOC News
[ Archive ]
22nd February 2018 | After some staff discussion we have made an announcement regarding character names and some extra clarification that is not detailed in the guidebook. Please be sure to look over this announcement here and reply if you need.

21st February 2018 | Of the Month Nominations are up this month, go and nominate your favourites here!

20th February 2018 | We have a new poll up, Leadership Battle Grace Period Poll! We are considering changing our grace period for leadership battles to offer some more down time. Go read about it an give us your vote!

18th February 2018 | Additional news for today, we now have an absent/busy page that shows all members currently absent/busy as well as the reason stated for such! This page is controlled by the away status you set for your account (by going to edit profile --> away status). We will be going through the absences board as well and adding in current absences to some members profiles. If you had an absence thread posted but are no longer absent please delete the thread. <3 Thank you!

18th February 2018 | NEW SITE INCENTIVE!!! Weekly Challenges were set up in an effort to give members a chance to do something out of the ordinary with their character while receiving a reward for doing so. Be sure to check out the thread, challenges start today if you wish to get involved.

31st January 2018 | February OTM's are now open for voting! Cast your votes whenever you get a chance.

28th January 2018 | New quick link MyCodes available! Easily link a profile, thread or specific post in a thread. To read more on how to use them please see the More Resources section of the Guidebook. They can all be found under the Miscellaneous --> Useful MyCodes area.

25th January 2018 | New way of tagging. Instead of @username it is now @[username] and you will also see nifty little reminders in both posts and profiles that you can easily copy and paste instead of having to type out names! Hoping everyone has an easier time with tags now.

23nd January 2018 | Of the month nominations for February are taking place, be sure to nominate your favourites here!

22nd January 2018 | Thanks to the wonderful isoldehn, we have new rosters for each individual herd! They can be found in the navigation menu as a drop down under "Census". The Census & Player DB as well as all rosters now update automatically! We also just updated (moved accounts inactive) and deleted accounts (that were inactive for three months or more). This is a reminder to login every thirty days to keep accounts active and every ninety days to keep accounts from being deleted!

10th January 2018 | The poll has closed and Greeshma has a new Emperor!

7th January 2018 | Greeshma leadership voting is now open! Please go and cast your vote after your own deliberation on the applications for our leaders; thank you to everyone who entered! Go vote!

1st January 2018 | Happy New Year to all of Caeleste and all the lovely people in this community! To celebrate the new year, we are holding two contests alongside each other; a Posting Contest and an Advertising Contest and both have super prizes. It is a contest against yourself and not against other players, all in the name of earning some fantastic prizes, so we hope you'll really enjoy it! Let's have another fantastic year! And have fun posting!
IC News
[ Archive ]
3rd February 2018 | The Emperor of Sharad, Leonidas, is calling an Emergency Herd Meeting! His first and only daughter has been murdered in cold blood! He needs your help, don't miss out. This is the beginning of something big! Check it out here and paticipate in this thrilling plot!

1st February 2018 | A newcomer by the name of Destroyah has challenged Vithmiris for leadership of Shishira. What will come of this? We do not know but you may follow the battle here!

10th January 2018 | Congratulations to Hassan on winning the place as Emperor of Greeshma!
Setting
YR TWO | EARLY SPRING
The snow has melted in most places of Caeleste, besides those that are prone to snow throughout all seasons. Birds are chirping, the nice weather bringing them back home from winter migrations. You will also notice many other animals reappearing throughout. Weather temperatures have risen but often a cool crisp air will still bite at coats during the evening and night hours. Enjoy the lovely weather of spring for summer may not be as kind.
Monthly Herd Post Totals

Greeshma

316 posts

Hemanta

468 posts

Sharad

300 posts

Vasanta

337 posts

Shishira

422 posts
  • Member of the Month
    boaz
    Rather new to this large crazy family, Boaz is often seen in the cBox or in Caeleste's discord channel. A rather friendly, outgoing personality, Boaz is not afraid to make new friends and get involved in any plots!
  • Thread of the Month
    let’s play a game
    A touching, heartbreaking, thread. Leonidas and Roxana come to find their beautiful child viciously murdered. This thread can be considered the start of a war as Leonidas will not rest until he finds whomever did this.
  • Couple of the Month
    Vithmiris & Slythe
    Caeleste's resident vampire couple, Emperor Vithmiris and Slythe have offered a rather interesting dynamic to their pairing. While the pair have a tendency for violence, the two also have their tender moments - as fleeting as they are.
  • Character of the Month
    Hassan
    The newly crowned Greeshma Emperor has certainly made a name for himself among many in Caeleste in many ways and has made it no secret his ambitions for the kingdom of Greeshma. We can't wait to see what he does next!
  • Quote of the Month
    Rhiannon
    “Run along back to that mountain in that frozen hell you call home. And next time you come strolling out from between his sheets, I suggest you wash yourself. I could smell you a mile away.”
Community Center
[-]
Chat With Us
chat Discord report Conduct publish Popout
Newest Posts
[REFRESH]
Open Threads
Caeleste Time: 02-23-2018, 08:02 PM

Caeleste's New Layout!
posts161
carats 879,093€ Carats
“No matter how hard you try, you can never please everyone. Follow your heart, make the most of every day, and be proud of who you are.”
(Owner), posted schedule 06-05-2017, 11:47 AM. link #1
Caeleste’s New Layout!
[Image: giphy.gif]

After a long wait, Caeleste has not only a new skin but an entirely new layout! Yes, we have commissioned the wonderful Gotham to redo Caeleste and offer a face lift! Eshye has been so kind to help with the transition and make things just right! What is so cool about this new layout is, our original one is still available to you! For those who don’t like change, we got your back!

As you all might already know, with new things come new challenges! Please be understanding if you come across any bugs or things you might not like! We want to please everyone, however that is not simply realistic—despite how hard we try! This lovely announcement will hopefully make the transition as painless as possible. I will state again, the old layout is and will still be available to you!

New Things!

- The cbox is at the top of the site now! However we have an amazing option to select a “Fixed” cbox which is like our old on. Just go to your profile and scroll all the way down and click on the “fixed" option. Look here for directions.

- The OOC and IC News are now visible at the same time alone with the site setting. If you don’t like having that on the page you can always toggle it hidden. Directions shown here.

- Fancy new OTM Display! It moves to a new category after a few seconds. Just hoover over it to stop it! The titles of the OTM are clickable as well! If you wish to hide it, it will hide with the OOC & IC News.

- The Navigation bar is far different and no longer fixed on the page. Be sure to check out all the easy access and the new account switcher. Things are easier to find and far bolder. Be sure to use the navigation arrows on the bottom right of your screen to jump to the Navigation Bar. Directions shown here.

- Battle Trackers! It’s an optional item for those who have not battled but required for those who have! It is a new spot on the profile, shown here. Once that is added it will show on your mini profile, shown here. It can be edited in your profile editor, shown here.

- Avatars are an awesome and unique new shape! Unfortunately, they are a new size and are 250 x 250. The new layout has them positioned so most of them work with this skin. Just know if you change them it could affect how the look on the old layout.

- New and improved land images! Luckily no terrain has changed just another set of images to help with your imagination! We wanted to offer a whole new perspective on the lands without altering their actual descriptions. The old images are still with the old template.

- Important threads are displayed at the top of the cbox and most current posts instead of the actual cbox. They are their own separate piece so they will be easy to find and stand out so no one misses it :D

Changes?

- Most everything functions the same! There are little to know changes to the way things use to be ran! Profiles are similar, threads, posting, ic boards, ooc boards and everything! Most changes are aesthetics and easier accessibility! We wanted Caeleste to look different but not feel different! Please understand should function well and be helpful! Obviously the size in text is larger and the mobile function should be easier and run smoother! Want everyone to enjoy this update but if they are not a fan, no worries! Our original layout is available. We will do our best to keep it up to date as well!

Let us know!

We want everyone to let us know what they think! If you post here, filling out the code fully you will receive 500 Carats! Yes, 500! We want to reward you taking the time to comment on the new layout and let us know if there is anything we need to take in account, add to, change, or fix! We all love you so much and just want to make sure you all enjoy this gift to you!
Be sure to fill out the form below! If you fill out, you will receive 500 carats!
Code:
<b>What’s your name?</b>
<b>What was your initial reaction to the new Layout?</b>
<b>Your favorite thing about the new layout:</b>  
<b>You least favorite thing about the new layout:</b>  
<b>On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, please rate the new layout:</b>  
<b>Any recommendations, concerns, or comments?:</b>  
[Image: tumblr_oipk2gC11k1rge4fho1_500.gif]
Tag Me: @Carhartt
Find Reply
postsN/A
carats 0€ Carats
(Guest), posted schedule 06-05-2017, 11:51 AM. link #2
What’s your name? Mazzymoo
What was your initial reaction to the new Layout? NOOOOO WHERE HAS THE FIXED NAV BAR GONE
Your favorite thing about the new layout: Super pretty! I love the new layout of the boards, it makes things easier to find.
You least favorite thing about the new layout: Fixed. Navigation. Bar. -screams forever-
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, please rate the new layout: 7? It's pretty awful but I need to adjust to it.
Any recommendations, concerns, or comments?: I'm not gonna say it again. I think that would be overkill.

Aside from that, lovely job all of you <3
Tag Me: @Mazzira
posts82
carats 760,923€ Carats
trackerPosting Contest
“still pissed about not being a mermaid”
(Co-Admin), posted schedule 06-05-2017, 11:54 AM. link #3
What’s your name? Blushie
What was your initial reaction to the new Layout? Oh so pretty!!
Your favorite thing about the new layout: I really love the new character profiles! It is really clean and sharp!
You least favorite thing about the new layout: On lower screen resolutions (like mine) the boards shrink and start to cut off tables.
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, please rate the new layout: 9 I really love it, but the tables thing makes it a bit tricker.
Any recommendations, concerns, or comments?: nothing I haven't already written <3
Please tag me where you need me! PM for Discord!

Please note that I work 12 hours a day Mon-Fri. I may be slow at posting, but I will post!

Tag Me: @Blushie
Find Reply
posts71
carats 76,488€ Carats
(OOC Account), posted schedule 06-05-2017, 12:20 PM. link #4
What’s your name? Bloodwitch
What was your initial reaction to the new Layout? HOLY SHIZ!
Your favorite thing about the new layout:  Its clear and clean. Easy to look out and organized.
You least favorite thing about the new layout:  See below.
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, please rate the new layout:
Any recommendations, concerns, or comments?:  If the default avatar could just be plain? It looks nicer for those so us just wanting to use a bust picture with a transparent BG. Rather than have to edit it and make our own filler? For example, look at Airleas profile. Its hard to get the right 250 x 350 image for the shape. At least fro me. XD Also, I know we have the old skin still but if we keep it and someone sues the new, it makes the ones updating for the new skin look off on the old type deal too.
Tag Me: @Bloodwitch Vervain
Find Reply
posts19
carats 823,087€ Carats
(OOC Account), posted schedule 06-05-2017, 05:43 PM. link #5
What’s your name? amore
What was your initial reaction to the new Layout? ALL THE NEW THINGS
Your favorite thing about the new layout: refined front page + the new images are gorgeous
You least favorite thing about the new layout:  having the community center thing on other pages (like the shop, census etc) - just feels like it takes up unnecessary space? But only a little.
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, please rate the new layout: 8/8.5
Any recommendations, concerns, or comments?: EDIT: issue found with Sharad Shrine ooopsies -- all other shrines are fine though XD
Tag Me: @Amore
Find Reply
posts10
carats 1,200€ Carats
“A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire.”
(OOC Account), posted schedule 06-05-2017, 06:34 PM. link #6
What’s your name? Keira
What was your initial reaction to the new Layout? It's super sleek and pretty <3
Your favorite thing about the new layout: The new OTM features and the IC/OOC news boxes!
You least favorite thing about the new layout: None that I can think of
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, please rate the new layout: 9.5
Any recommendations, concerns, or comments?: Nope!
Tag Me: @Keira
Find Reply
postsN/A
carats 0€ Carats
(Guest), posted schedule 06-05-2017, 07:27 PM. link #7
What’s your name? Splashs
What was your initial reaction to the new Layout? Ooooo Snazzy!
Your favorite thing about the new layout:  It's new, fresh, and stands out from what I've seen on other sites.
You least favorite thing about the new layout:  Profiles... For example, Andromeda's history, personality, appearance.. the text goes behind the actual layout of the site. I'm not sure if I personally can fix that? Or if it's a site malfunction...
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, please rate the new layout:  9/10
Any recommendations, concerns, or comments?: Really the only issue I have is the text behind the site layout. (might just be a me thing though.)
Tag Me: @Splashs
postsN/A
carats 0€ Carats
(Guest), posted schedule 06-05-2017, 11:32 PM. link #8
What’s your name? Zombabe
What was your initial reaction to the new Layout? Holy YES
Your favorite thing about the new layout:  The easier accessibility and the over all look. Things are bolder and easier for me to see 
You least favorite thing about the new layout:  havent found one yet to be honest 
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, please rate the new layout:  25
Any recommendations, concerns, or comments?:  I love love love it! <3 
Tag Me: @Zombabe
postsN/A
carats 0€ Carats
(Guest), posted schedule 06-06-2017, 06:53 AM. link #9
What’s your name? Gecko
What was your initial reaction to the new Layout? Very nice
Your favorite thing about the new layout: Organized boards
You least favorite thing about the new layout: Love the large everything, but from being on forums for so many years, it seems too large, almost as if I accidentally hit the zoom in my browser or my icons on my computer got switched to extra large. It will just take time getting used to it. Even if I can't get used to it or no one else likes it (which I doubt), it's not like you guys are forcing it on us, we still have the option to switch back which is cool.

Second thing. I dislike that every time I switch to a new profile I have to re-edit my profile to fix the cbox
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, please rate the new layout: 8
Any recommendations, concerns, or comments?: Other than above, nothing. Overall nice
Tag Me: @Gecko
posts8
carats 6,950€ Carats
(OOC Account), posted schedule 06-06-2017, 11:02 AM. link #10
What’s your name? Lilee
What was your initial reaction to the new Layout? Very pretty. I like. Then... ouchie, my head.
Your favorite thing about the new layout: It just looks so clean and neat?? I love it
You least favorite thing about the new layout: It hurts my head
Any recommendations, concerns, or comments?: It hurts my head but that's not your fault :P
Tag Me: @Lilee
Find Reply
posts44
carats 766,856€ Carats
(Event Moderator), posted schedule 06-06-2017, 02:29 PM. link #11
What’s your name? Sol
What was your initial reaction to the new Layout? OOOOO AAAAAAHHHH
Your favorite thing about the new layout: Clean and easy to access everything. It's organized and pretty.
You least favorite thing about the new layout: Everything looks so big. My tables are all cut off now, so I'm not a huge fan that about 600px is the max table size. I'd prefer if it were about 650px for codes but that's just a personal thing. I'll edit what I have and it won't be a problem moving forward.

Also the text-shadow on the names of threads and usernames on the most recent posts on lands as viewed from the main home page. It's hard to read them when they have such a large text shadow, so maybe make that shadow just a little smaller so that it's easier to read.
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, please rate the new layout: 9
Any recommendations, concerns, or comments?: Maybe fix that text-shadow situation if you want, but otherwise, everything looks amazing!
Tag Me: @Sol
Find Reply
postsN/A
carats 0€ Carats
(Guest), posted schedule 06-06-2017, 05:01 PM. link #12
What’s your name? arahvir!
What was your initial reaction to the new Layout? holy sweet mother, look at this layout!
Your favorite thing about the new layout: the boards and the top bar navigation.
You least favorite thing about the new layout: the avatars, they're a little bit funky. I'm used to bigger/rectangular ones xD one other thing is that I've had to cycle through all my accounts to change it to this layout, a little bit of an inconvenience but nothing I couldn't work with really.
Any recommendations, concerns, or comments?: Nothing than what I've described above really.
Tag Me: @Arahvir
posts25
carats 651,600€ Carats
(Moderator), posted schedule 06-06-2017, 05:46 PM. link #13
What’s your name? Mallory
What was your initial reaction to the new Layout? Holy crap!
Your favorite thing about the new layout: Everything is super organized!
You least favorite thing about the new layout: I feel like I'm constantly zoomed in on Chrome when I'm not. xD It'll just take some adjusting to.
Any recommendations, concerns, or comments?: Nope!
Tag Me: @Mallory
Find Reply
posts15
carats 2,259€ Carats
(Inactive), posted schedule 06-07-2017, 01:16 AM. link #14
What’s your name? Suzerain
What was your initial reaction to the new Layout? "Ah, it's finally here"
Your favorite thing about the new layout:  The cleanliness, you know me, I love crisp appearances.
You least favorite thing about the new layout:  Nothing really, adjustment period isn't over yet.
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, please rate the new layout: 8, I REALLY like the avi's too.
Any recommendations, concerns, or comments?:  
EDIT;;;
Actually, I'd really love to see whole names colored instead of just little colored balls beside their names.... just a thought.
Tag Me: @Suzerain
Find Reply
posts16
carats 54€ Carats
(Inactive), posted schedule 06-07-2017, 03:01 PM. link #15
What’s your name? Russell
What was your initial reaction to the new Layout? SOPRETTY
Your favorite thing about the new layout: The colours and I looooove the banner. Also the top menu is super easy to use on mobile XD
You least favorite thing about the new layout: It's massive. Laughably so. http://imgur.com/a/jIuoq
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, please rate the new layout: 6/10
Any recommendations, concerns, or comments?: My main concern is the size- the scaling is weird, so its SUPERDUPERTINY on my laptop, and SUPERDUPERHUGE on my desktop.
Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away?
Tag Me: @Russellskiy
Find Reply
posts19
carats 2,000€ Carats
(Inactive), posted schedule 06-07-2017, 05:05 PM. link #16
What’s your name? caely
What was your initial reaction to the new Layout? I was like hot damn look at this shit I can't even.
Your favorite thing about the new layout: I love how organzied everything is. I also kind of like the n your face largness? Like thats new and refreshing from size 1 font lmao.
You least favorite thing about the new layout: having to fix my ccbox name which every account switch, but i'll get used to it!
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, please rate the new layout: 9
Any recommendations, concerns, or comments?: the cbox name switchhhhhhhh thing could be fixed maybe?
Tag Me: @Caely
Find Reply
postsN/A
carats 0€ Carats
(Guest), posted schedule 06-08-2017, 11:40 AM. link #17
What’s your name? Bef
What was your initial reaction to the new Layout? RAD love where the cbox is
Your favorite thing about the new layout: probably the colors and textures, very nice and easy on the eyeballs
You least favorite thing about the new layout: the affiliates are not the correct size for some reason, and i'm not a huge fan of the shape of the profile pics... would rather they just be square/rectangle
Any recommendations, concerns, or comments?: make the affiliate buttons 88x31px, make the profile avatars square, i am also not a fan of the hover animation on the mini profile... remove the blur, just do fade in/out, will be a lot easier on ppls eyes
Tag Me: @Maeve
postsN/A
carats 0€ Carats
(Guest), posted schedule 06-10-2017, 01:24 PM. link #18
What’s your name? Seel
What was your initial reaction to the new Layout? OOO
Your favorite thing about the new layout:  It's so sleek and neat and crisp
You least favorite thing about the new layout:  Probably no fixed cbox
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, please rate the new layout: 8/9
Any recommendations, concerns, or comments?:  Would be nice for profile avatars to have a default plain, or at least natural/faded background.
Tag Me: @Seel
posts117
carats 792,916€ Carats
(Plot Moderator), posted schedule 06-12-2017, 05:29 AM. link #19
What’s your name? I'm Lee, otherwise known as Lee.
What was your initial reaction to the new Layout? Shock. Super happy shock? I loved it. Jaw dropping yus.
Your favorite thing about the new layout: I love how the main image of the skin is so different compared to a lot of things I have seen. I think its better laid out compared to how it was. A major facelift but it is entirely wonderful and there were just so many things I have loved and have yet to explore.
You least favorite thing about the new layout: I have to get used to finding things again, lmao. Though its basically the same so I have no real problems with the layout itself. I entirely love it.
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, please rate the new layout: I dunno if you could tell how much I loved it so far? 10. Total 10.
Any recommendations, concerns, or comments?: Pft I love it.
Tag Me: @Lee
Find Reply
posts14
carats 3,830€ Carats
(OOC Account), posted schedule 06-12-2017, 12:22 PM. link #20
What’s your name? Stitch
What was your initial reaction to the new Layout? Very pretty and very purple XD
Your favorite thing about the new layout: How clean it all looks!
You least favorite thing about the new layout: No opinion really, will have to play around with the site more.
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, please rate the new layout: 9 :D
Any recommendations, concerns, or comments?: Nothing I can think of at the moment!
Tag Me: @Stitch
Find Reply
postsN/A
carats 0€ Carats
(Guest), posted schedule 06-14-2017, 10:50 AM. link #21
What’s your name? Kirin
What was your initial reaction to the new Layout? OH WOW!
Your favorite thing about the new layout: I love the colors!
You least favorite thing about the new layout: I honestly can't think of anything; it'll probably just take me a minute to acclimate to it
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, please rate the new layout: Solid 9
Any recommendations, concerns, or comments?: Other than it looks beautiful, no comment.
Tag Me: @Kirin
postsN/A
carats 0€ Carats
(Guest), posted schedule 06-15-2017, 09:57 AM. link #22
What’s your name? Zohyd//
What was your initial reaction to the new Layout? Umm, amazing!
Your favorite thing about the new layout: I love the colors and subtle texture. I'm a sucker for color schemes and this is a perfect mix of light/dark colors.
You least favorite thing about the new layout: The whole avatar setup thing is a pain
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, please rate the new layout: 9.5
Any recommendations, concerns, or comments?: Just having problems with the avatar crap, but I'm getting it
Tag Me: @Zohyd