o
Caeleste
OOC News
[ Archive ]
18th April 2018 | Please congratulate the our two newest admins, Kiwi & Mallory! They were promoted thanks to all their hard work and dedication! We also want to thank all our current staff as they have been working really hard to make sure Cae is running smoothly! Keep your eye out as we are going to be hosting auditions to add two new moderators to our staff team!

15th April 2018 | The staff is at it again! A wonderful new type of quest is now offered to you wonderful members of Caeleste by the name of Misc Quests. No matter what it is your character desires they can now got to their Deity and see if they are willing to make their wildest dreams come true! Check out the info and rules here!

2nd April 2018 | We have amazing news!!! Immortality is now attainable through In Character achievement! Be sure to check it out in the guidebook, under Immortality!

31st March 2018 | Of the Month Voting is up - go vote for your favourites here!

25th March 2018 | Of the Month Nominations are up this month, go and nominate your favourites here!

3rd March 2018 | The original Caeleste skin is back in business but we have a few questions that we want our members to decide upon. Please take a moment to look over this poll and give your vote!

* 25th February 2018 | The guidebook is undergoing a well deserved revision! Many things are being clarified and a few additions are being added. When the entire guidebook is finished being revised we will inform all members with an announcement following its finishing. Until now a new change log has been added for future references. Any new additions or changes to the guidebook will be added there for everyones sake, we wish for all our members to be 'in the know' and not feel left out. For now until the entire guidebook is finished you can follow the progress here. Understand that each section that is currently dated has been revised, if it is not dated it has not been revised yet, all new rules are being enforced starting the day they have been added. Be sure to keep up with the revisions and make yourself familiar with them as we go.

22nd February 2018 | After some staff discussion we have made an announcement regarding character names and some extra clarification that is not detailed in the guidebook. Please be sure to look over this announcement here and reply if you need.

21st February 2018 | Of the Month Nominations are up this month, go and nominate your favourites here!

20th February 2018 | We have a new poll up, Leadership Battle Grace Period Poll! We are considering changing our grace period for leadership battles to offer some more down time. Go read about it an give us your vote!

18th February 2018 | Additional news for today, we now have an absent/busy page that shows all members currently absent/busy as well as the reason stated for such! This page is controlled by the away status you set for your account (by going to edit profile --> away status). We will be going through the absences board as well and adding in current absences to some members profiles. If you had an absence thread posted but are no longer absent please delete the thread. <3 Thank you!

18th February 2018 | NEW SITE INCENTIVE!!! Weekly Challenges were set up in an effort to give members a chance to do something out of the ordinary with their character while receiving a reward for doing so. Be sure to check out the thread, challenges start today if you wish to get involved.

31st January 2018 | February OTM's are now open for voting! Cast your votes whenever you get a chance.

28th January 2018 | New quick link MyCodes available! Easily link a profile, thread or specific post in a thread. To read more on how to use them please see the More Resources section of the Guidebook. They can all be found under the Miscellaneous --> Useful MyCodes area.

25th January 2018 | New way of tagging. Instead of @username it is now @[username] and you will also see nifty little reminders in both posts and profiles that you can easily copy and paste instead of having to type out names! Hoping everyone has an easier time with tags now.

23nd January 2018 | Of the month nominations for February are taking place, be sure to nominate your favourites here!

22nd January 2018 | Thanks to the wonderful isoldehn, we have new rosters for each individual herd! They can be found in the navigation menu as a drop down under "Census". The Census & Player DB as well as all rosters now update automatically! We also just updated (moved accounts inactive) and deleted accounts (that were inactive for three months or more). This is a reminder to login every thirty days to keep accounts active and every ninety days to keep accounts from being deleted!

10th January 2018 | The poll has closed and Greeshma has a new Emperor!

7th January 2018 | Greeshma leadership voting is now open! Please go and cast your vote after your own deliberation on the applications for our leaders; thank you to everyone who entered! Go vote!

1st January 2018 | Happy New Year to all of Caeleste and all the lovely people in this community! To celebrate the new year, we are holding two contests alongside each other; a Posting Contest and an Advertising Contest and both have super prizes. It is a contest against yourself and not against other players, all in the name of earning some fantastic prizes, so we hope you'll really enjoy it! Let's have another fantastic year! And have fun posting!
IC News
[ Archive ]
16th April 2018 | Caeleste's Seasons and Years are now organized in an easy to read table. We are currently working on a coded version but please feel free to check it out at the bottom of the page here! With that being said our Year and Season has been updated! It is now Fall in Year Three!

13th April 2018 | It's Friday the 13th and Leonidas is out for blood! Come join the Sharads as they confront the Shishira demanding answers about the death of their Emperor's child! It's sure to be an enthralling thread! Check it out here!

2nd April 2018 | We have amazing news!!! Immortality is now attainable through In Character achievement! Be sure to check it out in the guidebook, under Immortality!

28th February 2018 | After a long battle, Vithmiris has been declared winner and keeps his reign as the Shishira Emperor! Thank you to our guest judges and staff who judged the riveting battle. You can check out the results here!

3rd February 2018 | The Emperor of Sharad, Leonidas, is calling an Emergency Herd Meeting! His first and only daughter has been murdered in cold blood! He needs your help, don't miss out. This is the beginning of something big! Check it out here and paticipate in this thrilling plot!

1st February 2018 | A newcomer by the name of Destroyah has challenged Vithmiris for leadership of Shishira. What will come of this? We do not know but you may follow the battle here!

10th January 2018 | Congratulations to Hassan on winning the place as Emperor of Greeshma!
Setting
Year III | Fall
The leaves that have turned their auburn and crimson colors are now falling to the earth. Many trees are barren as the cold temperatures of fall set in. Many animals are fattening themselves for the winter to come. There is talk this winter is going to be a hard one so many are prepping early. The air is crisp and most mornings are accompanied by a thin layer of ice as it drops below freezing a few hours after the sun sets. The hides on many animals, especially the equines are thickening as the northern winds bring in a heavy chill. Many are nervous the rumors of a harsh winter is true. Those smart enoough stock up on fire wood and supplies in hopes they will be prepared. Nearly all the mirgatorial birds have flown to the warmest parts of Caeleste by now, almost a month ealier than normal!
Monthly Herd Post Totals

Greeshma

100 posts

Hemanta

218 posts

Sharad

179 posts

Vasanta

144 posts

Shishira

205 posts
  • Member of the Month
    Cia
    A wonderful asset to Caeleste as a whole! Not only does she dedicate her time as a staff member but she also spends a lot of her time being an amazing writer! She is very friendly in the chat box and her characters are very well developed. It seems everytime she steps into chat box or our discord, everything seems to light up! We are blessed to have her apart of the team and cannot thank you enough for your dedication and creativity!
  • Thread of the Month
    Standing in the Way of the Light
    A wild tale of two very dark creatures meeting for a second time... Xavier, possessed by 'The Darkness' tries to warn Resin about the demon inside of him but she is far too fearless to listen. Long story short The Darkness and Resin strike a deal... For twelve months the demon will on feed on her and then on the last day of the twelve months it will leave Xavier's body and never return. However it refuses to leave empty handed and as it leave Xavier it will take Resin's soul! It's a daring, darking, emotional and twisted thread that won't leave you dissapointed!
  • Couple of the Month
    Rhiannon & Wellington
    A very interesting duo that you would never expect to be friends. The noble, strong headed, and rather independant Rhiannon versus Wellington, an eccentric character that has a weak moral compass but hilarious nonetheless. Their dynamics make for very interesting and rather comical threads. You can't help but wonder why a mare like Rhiannon spends her time with a creature like him but then also thankful she is there to take care Wellington and save him from all of his shenanigans.
  • Character of the Month
    Xaiver
    A soul tormented by his own demons and terrible past, Xavier is a unique character to Caeleste. The poor boy seems to have endured Hell - quite literally - only to be further tormented in recent times. While he is not the monster that lives within him, his hold on the metaphorical beast seems to be waning. We can't wait to see what is in store for Xavier's future and whether or not he will shake the hold of his inner demons!
  • Quote of the Month
    Resin
    "Another time, perhaps. I believe we've both tormented him enough for today."

A sad moment in the thread Standing in the Way of the Light where Resin turns down the Darkness, the demon within Xavier. However tempted, she has more respect for Xavier and tries to decline as delicately as she knows... It is a capturing moment where the apathetic Resin shows something for the damned Xavier.
Community Center
[-]
IMPORTANT:
Chat With Us
chat Discord report Conduct publish Popout
Newest Posts
[REFRESH]
Open Threads
Caeleste Time: 04-21-2018, 11:21 PM

| SWP | Fire and Blood! FINALE.
postsN/A
carats 0€ Carats
(Guest), posted schedule 08-26-2017, 05:07 PM. link #101

Her attack worked this time. Before it was hardly a distraction but this time her strike with the shard caused great pain and bleeding. She did not enjoy doing this to the beast. Never had she seen a dragon before and something in her made her wonder if all this was really the dragon's will. Before she could move again she felt pain as the dragon retaliated with his wing and hit he once again. This time the wound was to her front leg. The attack was weak but still enough to cause harm. The dragon was dying. One by one the others made their attack and it started to fall. They were going to do this. Liming away, her eyes watched as the last bit of soul was torn from the dragon and the battle was over. She glanced around and from what she could see, everyone was alive. They would all need healing but they did not die here.

Stepping back more, she took a deep breath. She was starting to remember what was forgotten. Much of it still a blur but this was not her fist event to save the world. Heulwen wanted to lay down so bad. Her body was sore form the fight. Blood dripping from the wound on her leg and that over her eye and neck. Her armor protected her but she had bruised as well. It hurt to breath. Slow and steady, she would have to walk this off s best as she could. There was flashes of lights and she did her best to match the colors with the deities. She could not help but to smile. She served a purpose and this event was more proof of their existence. Only one stayed behind, Sharad appearing before them. Thanking them for saving them and offering hope that things would get better. They all needed to heal, even their deities.

Watching as magic crafted items for them to take, she watch as the deity left and each creature took what they felt they wanted. She waited to take her turn, remember that she had someone she cared about that could use one of the items. She was not going to take them but she did not want to offend anyone either. One creature had already did so, calling the deities out and than taking his leave with nothing. It left her little curious but she ignored it for now and step forward, bowing and than taking her items. Than taking her leave to look after her wounds.

Character Name: Heulwen
Number of Stages Participated In: 2
Proof: This one and http://caeleste-rpg.net/showthread.php?tid=3937
Desired Dragon Item(s): dragon blood and dragon claw
Tag Me: @Heulwen
genderMare
age7 year old
height16.0 hh
breedAmerican Quarter Horse
sorceryShamanism
sexualityHeterosexual
posts157
carats 859€ Carats
plotterFriends on the Other Side
trackerMoments of Genius
“there's a wild wild whisper rolling in the wind”
(Exorcist) played by perm_identity Blushie, posted schedule 08-29-2017, 08:25 AM. link #102
there's a wild wild whisper blowing in the wind
She didn’t have Vasanta’s healing, but as she did what she could to help those along the outskirts, the dragon found her all the same. She probably shouldn’t have let her back face the beast, but she had. She didn’t quite realize her danger until she saw the shadow along the ground of the talons reaching out towards her. She managed to drop her hindquarters as if to sprint off with what strength remained with her and as she pushed forward the claws came down. They caught her in the same place they had before, raking down her mid-back and over her hip. But this time the scrapes were not deep, basic flesh wounds that stung, but were not deep. She turned in time to see the dragon take off, plowing into the lake.

She felt a bit of satisfaction, hoping the waters would put out the beast’s fire for good. She snorted and immediately went to find her son. He was still curled, but she had seen Nylah walking away. She reached out to him, nuzzling him and coaxing him without word out of his ball. She let out a long sigh as he reached up to touch his nose to hers. She allowed this moment to close her eyes and just breath.

It was over. She would have to figure out how to get home soon, but that would be for later. For now, she just let herself enjoy the moment of being reunited and not fearing for her child. She would take the items Shared offered, and eventually join the others on the route home. Though, she doubted she would make it back to the Tavern today. Probably stop to take a rest at Silver Pines.

Character Name: Vivian
Number of Stages Participated In: All Three
Proof: One | Two | Three
Desired Dragon Item(s): Dragon Blood, Dragon Armor, Dragon's Claw

Please tag in all posts!
If you have a cool idea or need to get in touch with me please PM or Discord me!
Tag Me: @Vivian
Find Reply
genderStallion
age8 year old
height22.0 hh
breedShire x Clydesdale
sexualityPolysexual
posts56
carats 4,484€ Carats
“GOOD THINGS COME WITH TIME”
(Citizen) played by perm_identity Lee, posted schedule 09-03-2017, 09:23 AM. link #103

I could feel the pain lingering in my frame, but the adrenaline keeping my thick limbs moving. I watched as the amethyst beast fall to the hooves of everyone who stood here now. Fighting on behalf of the deities unwilling to let the evil of the brothers take over the isles of Caeleste just as he had with this island of dragons. The mist showed and disappeared into the thin air, and a sigh of relief made itself known from between my large fleshy lips. My massive cranium lowering as I realized how much pain I had been in due to the acid like blood spraying across my hide drying my skin and cracking along the way. Scars would remain from this battle today, but it was all for the best at least so I thought. Turning my bay painted hide toward the others I searched the faces finding that of Leo and Harena. Though I noticed there was something wrong, I could feel my heart lurching in my chest.

Thick pillars moved forward, I was wounded but I was able to walk with jerking motions as I traveled the very few feet between us. ”Leo, you don’t sound very good. Here lean on me and we’ll find you a healer.” I spoke turning my side to his own better of the two. I grunted as I moved trying to get us both to where we would be comfortable on our travel back home, or at least so we could get there. I did not have much to treat internal injuries, but someone had to be a healer even if I had to search out someone from Vasanta who had the power to heal.

Character Name: Kenai
Number of Stages Participated In: All three
Proof: one two three
Desired Dragon Item(s): All.

@Plot Account @Leonidas @Harena
Tag Me: @Kenai
Find Reply
postsN/A
carats 0€ Carats
(Guest), posted schedule 09-03-2017, 09:34 AM. link #104

One after another each took their strike using what they could and how they could. Some with hooves, some with strength, some with magic, and others doing strange things. I watched and waited taking my time in order to strike. I have been wounded this far, but it was not too bad. At least not yet. The bleeding would stop, the hide would heal, but scars would remain. Soon enough the beast fell to the hooves of all that stood here. The sign of the deities being free was good enough knowing that for now the island will be safe. Yet here one was, the others were gone disappeared from the sight of all who stood to fight for them. I did not find it right, instead my faith was being turned. After all of the bloodshed, all of the hurt and pain we all had gone through and only one said thanks.

I listened my large bat like ears flicked forward listening. Yet I did not care, not in the slightest. I took my items and left the others them all there. I would not be joining them for now, at least until they could return my faith to its former standing. At least these items could fetch a price, or be useful in the future. I watched as some faces, like my own, fell. Distraught, pain, hurt, and some are joyful. I found there nothing to be joyful about to be honest.

Character Name: Kendall
Number of Stages Participated In: All three
Proof: one two three
Desired Dragon Item(s): All.

@Plot Account
Tag Me: @Kendall
gender❇❇❇❇❇
age❇❇❇❇❇
height❇❇❇❇❇
breed❇❇❇❇❇
sexuality❇❇❇❇❇
posts619
carats 9,503,963,362€ Carats
(The Plot Bringer) played by perm_identity ---, posted schedule 09-05-2017, 03:09 PM. link #105

9/5/17
all prizes and money has been given out. If you did not receive something please message the Plot Account. If you still want to claim your prizes, you can until september 20th.
Tag Me: @Plot Account
Find Reply
genderStallion
age0 year old
height17.1 hh
breedAQH x Warmblood mix
sorcerySuper Strength & Shamanism
sexualityHeterosexual
posts56
carats 465€ Carats
trackerMoments of Genius
“here's a riddle for you, find the answer, there's a reason for the world: You and I”
(Citizen) played by perm_identity Blushie, posted schedule 09-08-2017, 06:57 AM. link #106

He recognized his mother’s smell, after all it was the one he’d known longest if only by a few hours. At her prodding he uncurled from his ball of terror and looked up at her. She looked tired, and that was how he felt. But he felt hungry first. He reached up and touched her nose with his own and sneezed. Then he proceeded to try to get to his hooves, stumble a bit, one leg sore from how tight he had curled up, and finally managed it. His mother went over every square inch of him, but he didn’t mind.

He was focused on one thing. His rumbling tummy and the warm milk he knew his mother had. He happily reached her side and nuzzled her, seeking the meal as she relaxed realizing he was completely unharmed. Though, Rhett might never quite wash out the smell of dragon ash from his coat.

He didn’t think about any of this however. Because after his stomach was full, he yawned and proceeded to try and take a nap. This was not mirrored by his mother, as she prodded him awake to begin the long journey back home.
| | @Plot Account

Character Name: Rhett
Number of Stages Participated In: One
Proof: One
Desired Dragon Item(s): Dragon Claw

Please tag in all posts!
Use of force and magic in small, non-threatening amounts is allowed. If you want to plot, PM me or Discord me.

Please note, I work long hours Mon-Fri and may not be the fastest at replying, but I will reply.
Tag Me: @Rhett
Find Reply
genderMare
age5 year old
height16.0 hh
breedThoroughbred
sorceryMind control
sexualityHeterosexual
posts93
carats 331€ Carats
plotterGondor Calls for Aide!
trackerMoments of Genius
“there's a line where the sky meets the sea”
(Inactive) played by perm_identity Blushie, posted schedule 09-10-2017, 07:17 AM. link #107
I've been staring at the edge of the water
In her final moments of escape, the dragon again slashed at her with those ugly talons. Fortunately, Lyra’s retreat managed to negate some of the damage as the claws made contact with her hip. Her legs buckled a bit under the unexpected pressure and this time the dragon found no true grasp and Lyra slipped into the foliage with just a few thin cuts across her lower back. She dropped to the ground, every piece of her in agony.

She was able to see the dragon’s final decent into the lake. Part of Lyra, a strange part, was certainly curious to follow her. Water was her home and her element and such a creature was sure to perish in the Deep. But it would be like following a shark into its lair and Lyra just wanted to go back to her own home in the reef. To rest, and heal. Though, perhaps she needed to wait in fresh water because sharks would come for her.

Sharad appeared again and Lyra, well, Lyra wasn’t quite certain how she felt about him now. He might be a god, but no help was forth coming. Instead he declared they should take the spoils they had earned, but no help and healing was coming. He and the others vanished and it was some time before Lyra struggled back to her hooves. She would take the rewards, store them away, and then slip off to shallow shores away from the predators of the Deep.

It was not long before she stumbled her way down to the shoreline and disappeared back into the waves.
html | image | @Plot Account

Character Name: Lyra
Number of Stages Participated In: 3
Proof: One Two Three
Desired Dragon Item(s): All

Please tag in all posts!
Use of force and magic in small, non-threatening amounts is allowed. If you want to plot, PM me or Discord me.

Please note, I work long hours Mon-Fri and may not be the fastest at replying, but I will reply.
Tag Me: @Lyra
Find Reply
genderMare
ageImmortal
height14.0 hh
breedArabian
sorceryRegeneration
sexualityHeterosexual
posts126
carats 1,177€ Carats
plotterGondor Calls for Aide!
trackerMoments of Genius
“but will you let it shine from within and cast all of your fears aside”
(Regent) played by perm_identity Blushie, posted schedule 09-15-2017, 07:31 AM. link #108
Winchester
It was over.

And her heart still beat.

All be it, she definitely would need healing. She still couldn’t move as she lay watching the great beast fly off and fall. There were several minutes of relieved silence and then Shared appeared again. He said some nonsense about gathering the spoils of their labor and everyone started to disperse. Winchester snorted.

He could have provided a helpful teleportation. Or something. Instead, Winchester had to watch as slowly, person by person each of the gathered took off, or otherwise started the long trip home. And she was just stuck there. Someone would have to come back and get her.

The adrenaline slipped out of her system and her pain increased as she lay, still under that same tree. She shivered. She was worried about sleeping, but it fell over her all the same. Massagers and aide would come from Hemanta as she lay alone on the battlefield to help get her back home. She hated being so reliant on others.

But moving under her own power would not be possible for several more days, or even weeks.
the shadows of this world
will try and steal you away
into their arms but you belong in mine

Character Name: Winchester
Number of Stages Participated In: 2
Proof: One, Two
Desired Dragon Item(s): Dragon Claw, Dragon Armor

Please tag in all posts!

Tag Me: @Winchester
Find Reply