o
Caeleste
OOC News
[ Archive ]
18th February 2018 | Additional news for today, we now have an absent/busy page that shows all members currently absent/busy as well as the reason stated for such! This page is controlled by the away status you set for your account (by going to edit profile --> away status). We will be going through the absences board as well and adding in current absences to some members profiles. If you had an absence thread posted but are no longer absent please delete the thread. <3 Thank you!

18th February 2018 | NEW SITE INCENTIVE!!! Weekly Challenges were set up in an effort to give members a chance to do something out of the ordinary with their character while receiving a reward for doing so. Be sure to check out the thread, challenges start today if you wish to get involved.

31st January 2018 | February OTM's are now open for voting! Cast your votes whenever you get a chance.

28th January 2018 | New quick link MyCodes available! Easily link a profile, thread or specific post in a thread. To read more on how to use them please see the More Resources section of the Guidebook. They can all be found under the Miscellaneous --> Useful MyCodes area.

25th January 2018 | New way of tagging. Instead of @username it is now @[username] and you will also see nifty little reminders in both posts and profiles that you can easily copy and paste instead of having to type out names! Hoping everyone has an easier time with tags now.

23nd January 2018 | Of the month nominations for February are taking place, be sure to nominate your favourites here!

22nd January 2018 | Thanks to the wonderful isoldehn, we have new rosters for each individual herd! They can be found in the navigation menu as a drop down under "Census". The Census & Player DB as well as all rosters now update automatically! We also just updated (moved accounts inactive) and deleted accounts (that were inactive for three months or more). This is a reminder to login every thirty days to keep accounts active and every ninety days to keep accounts from being deleted!

10th January 2018 | The poll has closed and Greeshma has a new Emperor!

7th January 2018 | Greeshma leadership voting is now open! Please go and cast your vote after your own deliberation on the applications for our leaders; thank you to everyone who entered! Go vote!

1st January 2018 | Happy New Year to all of Caeleste and all the lovely people in this community! To celebrate the new year, we are holding two contests alongside each other; a Posting Contest and an Advertising Contest and both have super prizes. It is a contest against yourself and not against other players, all in the name of earning some fantastic prizes, so we hope you'll really enjoy it! Let's have another fantastic year! And have fun posting!
IC News
[ Archive ]
3rd February 2018 | The Emperor of Sharad, Leonidas, is calling an Emergency Herd Meeting! His first and only daughter has been murdered in cold blood! He needs your help, don't miss out. This is the beginning of something big! Check it out here and paticipate in this thrilling plot!

1st February 2018 | A newcomer by the name of Destroyah has challenged Vithmiris for leadership of Shishira. What will come of this? We do not know but you may follow the battle here!

10th January 2018 | Congratulations to Hassan on winning the place as Emperor of Greeshma!
Setting
YR TWO | EARLY SPRING
The snow has melted in most places of Caeleste, besides those that are prone to snow throughout all seasons. Birds are chirping, the nice weather bringing them back home from winter migrations. You will also notice many other animals reappearing throughout. Weather temperatures have risen but often a cool crisp air will still bite at coats during the evening and night hours. Enjoy the lovely weather of spring for summer may not be as kind.
Monthly Herd Post Totals

Greeshma

316 posts

Hemanta

468 posts

Sharad

300 posts

Vasanta

337 posts

Shishira

422 posts
  • Member of the Month
    boaz
    Rather new to this large crazy family, Boaz is often seen in the cBox or in Caeleste's discord channel. A rather friendly, outgoing personality, Boaz is not afraid to make new friends and get involved in any plots!
  • Thread of the Month
    let’s play a game
    A touching, heartbreaking, thread. Leonidas and Roxana come to find their beautiful child viciously murdered. This thread can be considered the start of a war as Leonidas will not rest until he finds whomever did this.
  • Couple of the Month
    Vithmiris & Slythe
    Caeleste's resident vampire couple, Emperor Vithmiris and Slythe have offered a rather interesting dynamic to their pairing. While the pair have a tendency for violence, the two also have their tender moments - as fleeting as they are.
  • Character of the Month
    Hassan
    The newly crowned Greeshma Emperor has certainly made a name for himself among many in Caeleste in many ways and has made it no secret his ambitions for the kingdom of Greeshma. We can't wait to see what he does next!
  • Quote of the Month
    Rhiannon
    “Run along back to that mountain in that frozen hell you call home. And next time you come strolling out from between his sheets, I suggest you wash yourself. I could smell you a mile away.”
Community Center
[-]
IMPORTANT:
Chat With Us
chat Discord report Conduct publish Popout
Newest Posts
[REFRESH]
Open Threads
Caeleste Time: 02-18-2018, 06:09 PM

|Dead Horse Ridge| Foreign Familiarity [Vithmiris/Open]
genderStallion
age7 year old
height19.3 hh
breedFrederiksborg x Percheron
sorcerySun Control
sexualityHeterosexual
posts21
carats 1,486€ Carats
“Death has already claimed me”
(Regent) played by perm_identity Phish, posted schedule 11-23-2017, 10:00 PM. link #1
Helborath Visianti

Hel had been worried that this realm wouldn't have any mountains. After years spent conquering flat plains and rolling forests, he was more than ready to return to his native elevation. After he had been lead out of the Celestial Passage by Naldia, Hel had immediately turned his nose towards the cold snap of snow. A blur on the horizon to the North and West caused Hel’s icy eyes to gleam with anticipation. Carefully, he considered both directions before turning decidedly to the North. It would be far colder there… and he wouldn’t have it any other way.

The familiar strides of an extended march caused Hel to sink into a trance. Time passed without notice, nights blurring quietly into days. Hel only paused when he finally reached the base of one of the most beautiful mountain ranges he’d ever seen. His meditative state of mind withdrew as he began to climb the treacherous mountain pass. He had seen too many of his comrades fall due to a brief lapse of attention. It would be a shame if he were to do the same. Even if this was the land of the dead, Hel didn’t want to find out what would happen if he hurt himself here.

The warmth of his muscles kept the cold at bay as he arrived at the peak of the tallest mountain. A deep rumble of appreciation rolled from his throat as he surveyed the impressive castle and surrounding grounds. Unsure of the politics surrounding this place, Hel sent out a loud call and settled in to wait for a native to respond. His hooves itched to explore the range and find every nook and cranny of the peak. So much seemed the same as his birthplace, and yet he was certain that the secrets here were sure to be quite different.

OOC | Hel would like to be formally accepted into the ranks of Shishira! If the leaders are too busy, he’s also down to chat and learn more about Dead Horse point ;)

@Vithmiris
[Image: chibis_by_lupinhallow_by_phanphish-dbwsym4.png]
Tag Me: @[Hel]
Find Reply
genderStallion
ageImmortal
height17.0 hh
breedTersk
sorceryRegeneration
sexualityDemisexual
posts148
carats 7,091€ Carats
plotterX
trackerX
“Excuse me, but I'm a fuckmothering vampire.”
(Emperor) played by perm_identity amore, posted schedule 11-23-2017, 10:40 PM. link #2
Vithmiris
The Bird of Hermes is my name. Eating my wings to make me tame.
Things couldn't have been going any better, even if he were dreaming. Slythe had recovered her abilities to conjure illusions, she had healed nicely since Selene's attack, he had found respect for Selene after his own battle with her, and he had acquired them a new home within the Ridge; and the throne too. The fort he had discovered in the clutches of the mountain was nothing less than perfect to rule over the kingdom from, although it certainly still needed some desperate TLC to make it a bit more suitable for living in. At least the interior of the main castle seemed to have been the least damaged. He couldn't wait to light it all up and show Slythe the life she deserved to live.

However, whilst renovations are underway, he is out in the wild of the weather, allowing the bitterly cold breeze to whip around his hair. Typically, he normally adorned a blood-red cloak, but today, a thick black fur coat keeps his dark hide warm; not that the weather usually bothers him too much.  He stands upon a small ridge a short walk away from the gates to the citadel, which offers a rather astounding view of the mountains below and all around.

Some may think it strange, unwise, or entirely unbelievable, that a Vampire would be out during the day; but Vithmiris is no ordinary vampire. A grin dances across his lips as he watches a unique creature venturing up the slopes. Much like his own Slythe, this stallion is a striking white in colour, and if it weren't for the vibrant purple markings adorning his body, he would be easy to miss.

Hearing the call to alert others to his arrival, Vithmiris waits a few moments before descending down, taking careful steps as he moved from rock to rock before finally coming to stand atop a small ridge a few heads above the visitor. "Greetings stranger. Will you speak your name and your intentions?" As unpredictable as Vithmiris can often be, he remembers the life he once lived where simple pleasantries were an important starting point in such a position. Time would tell if he managed to keep himself polite.

Speaks | Thinks | Sounds Like | 366 Words | @Hel
x o x
Tag Me: @[Vithmiris]
Find Reply
genderStallion
age7 year old
height19.3 hh
sorcerySun Control
sexualityHeterosexual
posts21
carats 1,486€ Carats
(Regent) played by perm_identity Phish, posted schedule 11-26-2017, 07:25 AM. link #3
Helborath Visianti

Bitter wind cut into Hel's sweat dampened coat and threw snow like shards into his eyes. The howl of Winter come early filled his ears with constant pressure and he knew that the nights upon this peak were sure to be hell for anyone unaccustomed to the altitude. Even in broad daylight he could feel icicles quietly trying to form on his mane. He shook himself vigorously to keep the warmth of his exercise present, a wild grin stretching his lips. How he had missed this!

As he turned to survey the peak, his gaze looked over everything appraisingly. The castle that was nestled into the face of the mountain seemed in decent repair, though was in need of some renovations. Easily defensible, it was also isolated by its location. Somewhere there must be a market or perhaps a caravan made deliveries periodically. Otherwise subsistence would be incredibly difficult... especially in Winter.

Hel's musing was distracted by the sight of a dark shadow descending towards him. Alert, he stood to attention. The other stallion approached with a predatory grace that Hel had long learned to associate with a killer. Though he was uncertain as to the strangers rank, this was a man that Hel could perhaps follow. A sardonic grimace, passed off as a slight smile, ghosted across Hel's face. It would not be easy to make the transition from conqueror to lackey, but he would have to try. Hel knew that he wasn't a good leader outside of the military. That was the very reason why he had gifted the kingdom he had forged to his sister. She had been the only one he had ever answered to.

Never the less, when the ebony stallion came to a halt, Hel would dip his head just low enough to be respectful without being subservient. Harks flicked forward to catch the man's words over the wind. "I am Helborath Visianti, a newcomer to this realm. My intentions are to find a leader worthy of my service and bring them glory while I await the arrival of my lover." He gestured to the mountain range as he continued, "I figured the mountains were a good place to start my search. They have a tendency to break those too weak to hold them." Finished with his introduction, Hel stood to attention. It irked him to present himself as a common soldier to someone who may not even hold a rank, but it was better safe than sorry. If this happened to be the commander of the armies, or perhaps even the leader himself, Hel did not want to make a bad first impression.

OOC | @vithmiris

@Vithmiris  
Find Reply
genderStallion
ageImmortal
height17.0 hh
breedTersk
sorceryRegeneration
sexualityDemisexual
posts148
carats 7,091€ Carats
plotterX
trackerX
(Emperor) played by perm_identity amore, posted schedule 11-30-2017, 03:10 PM. link #4
Vithmiris
Vithmiris watches and listens, noting the slight nod of respect, and smirking at the words spoken. "Indeed they do... Well then, Helborath, welcome to Dead Horse Ridge." With carefully place steps, the black beast steps down from his vantage point to join the newcomer on level ground, and he gave a light toss of his head towards the citadel before he began walking towards it.

"I am Vithmiris, the new Emperor of these parts; although, I am not fond of the title. It does not slide off the tongue so well. That which you see before you is the Bloodfall Citadel. Much of it is undergoing some much-needed renovations to try and restore what has been reclaimed by the mountains." He feels it necessary to explain at least a few things as he leads the way into the citadel grounds, only coming to stop when they pass through the wrought iron gates he'd had put in place; the old gates had long rusted away beyond repair.

He turns his dark head, sunfire gaze settling on Helborath once more, "We have only recently taken over and set up residence here, so there are actually some official positions open if you are interested in proving yourself in a role. We are setting up an Army, although that is going to take time, the Commander position is open; as is Spymaster, if that is more your schtick. You are also welcome to suggest something that may be more of interest to you."

He isn't going to turn down the first newcomer that wishes to join them, especially not when he seems the kind that knows how to fight. Due to their still somewhat recent arrival into Caeleste - it has only been a little over a month now, or so, - coupled with the new acquirement of the Ridge, Vithmiris is still largely unaware of the true political standings between the other domains. He can only surmise that it is not a good one if there is one at all, largely due to Shishira. Honestly, that is fine by him. The less outsiders, the better. But that also means making sure they have a functioning Army and spy network as soon as possible.

Speaks | Thinks | Sounds Like | 368 Words | @Hel
x o x
Find Reply
genderStallion
age7 year old
height19.3 hh
sorcerySun Control
sexualityHeterosexual
posts21
carats 1,486€ Carats
(Regent) played by perm_identity Phish, posted schedule 12-02-2017, 09:13 PM. link #5
Helborath Visianti

Hel matched the black stallion's smirk with a glitter of what may one day grow to true respect. "Dead Horse Ridge? How... appropriate." He nodded to himself as he cast another eye over the terrain. It would be best if he were to take up residence in a place that fully embraced the state that he was sure he was in. Hel hardly entertained the idea that he was actually still alive, saved by the magic of the Celestial Passage. That thought was dangerous... one that would lead him to try to go back home.

The ebony predator that greeted Hel descended from his position of power and tossed his head towards the citadel. Easily sensing the invitation, Hel followed the smaller stallion as he began to speak. Hel was grateful to learn that his respectful bow hadn't been wasted on some common sentry, indeed the emperor himself had deigned to answer his call. That could mean any number of things, the most likely being that Vithmiris was in need of warriors to solidify his new reign.

A thrum of conquest, and the heady temptation to dominate intoxicated Hel. Icy, ghost blue eyes met and held Vithmiris' molten gaze. Yes, if this emperor could harness Hel as his sister once had, Hel would be a fine tool of destruction. "I will admit, I have some experience as a commander." His tones implied the understatement as he sought out the training grounds. The scent of blood and sweat was sweet in his nares. Unconsciously, he leaned towards the battleground while his eyes returned to Vitmiris. "But would you truly entrust this position to a near stranger?" Hel reviled the part of him that begged Vithmiris to say yes. Was he truly so easily appeased? Perhaps this was some sort of strange test to weed out those too eager for a fancy title. Vithmiris hadn't actually offered Hel the job, until he did Hel would remain cautious.

OOC | Hel would most certainly love to become the commander, if you have any requirements I'm happy to iron it out via pm or ooc. ;) @vithmiris

@Vithmiris 
Find Reply
genderStallion
ageImmortal
height17.0 hh
breedTersk
sorceryRegeneration
sexualityDemisexual
posts148
carats 7,091€ Carats
plotterX
trackerX
(Emperor) played by perm_identity amore, posted schedule 12-03-2017, 06:00 PM. link #6
Vithmiris
It is definitely a very appropriate name, as is the Bloodfall Citadel; in fact, befitting is perhaps the better word, given Vithmiris's nature. The stallion simply nods at the comment. Now within the grounds of the Citadel, he looks around to inspect the progress of repairs. Only around 5 or so houses are vastly untouched by damages, the others all range from minor to major, but for now most of the focus is on the castle itself as it had sustained a vast amount of damages most likely during the earthquake or avalanche that would have been the cause of the lower half of the citadel to plummet down the mountain.

"Mm, I presumed that already. The way you carry yourself, and the way you responded when I greeted you." Vithmiris nods as he turns his gaze back to Hel, "And, under normal circumstances, what you say is true. However, Slythe and I have only recently come to Caeleste, so everyone is technically a stranger to me. If you feel the need to prove yourself, though, we do have a battleground."

With the newly obtained leadership, he technically does have more important things to tend to than a spar, but he is not the kind of creature to pass one up should it be accepted - or offered. He nods his head over in the direction of the houses before he begins to walk that way, coming to stop behind them at a wall that comes up to his chest, although the other side of it is a sheer 100foot drop. "The Bloodfall Battleground is down there. I think it was once part of the old market district before nature reclaimed it. It's just a pile of rubble and ruin now, but rather than be wasteful, it's a fitting battle or training ground."

He raised his head from peering over the edge and looked at the other stallion once again, "The barracks are situated beside the castle, you are welcome to make a place for yourself there, otherwise you are welcome to a house out here, or a room within the castle whilst things are being repaired." It feels so strange to behave so diplomatically, but in truth, he knows that he needs strong supporters behind him; it has just been a very long time since he's had to create the bonds required in setting up a whole new army.

Speaks | Thinks | Sounds Like | 399 Words | @Hel
x o x
Find Reply
genderStallion
age7 year old
height19.3 hh
sorcerySun Control
sexualityHeterosexual
posts21
carats 1,486€ Carats
(Regent) played by perm_identity Phish, posted schedule 12-17-2017, 11:39 AM. link #7
Helborath Visianti

Much of Dead Horse Ridge had been reclaimed by nature's fury. Though the citadel was grand, chunks of stone were missing from the facade and only a few houses hadn't collapsed. The disrepair was indicative of the emperor's new reign and lack of horsepower he had to rebuild. On this peak, Hel had expected to find a leader who had ruled for some time and was familiar with the strength necessary to survive the harsh conditions. This ramshackle exterior did not much advocate for Vithmiris... but those eyes...

Hel had seen conviction before and had learned to recognize leaders when he saw them. Vithmiris' reign was young, but wasn't that better? There was almost nothing in the world Hel loved more than building an empire from nothing. If Vithmiris had been well established with a full staff and abundant army, Hel would have been shoved aside as a common soldier. This was a chance for him to rise immediately to a powerful position and grow a force loyal to him.

As Vithmiris continued to talk about the battlefield, which lay within an old market, and the barracks, Hel made his decision. "If you are willing to take me at my word, I see no reason to prove myself. I will pledge myself to you as your commander for as long as I am fit for that position." Hel bowed again to Vithmiris to solidify his oath, holding it slightly longer than when they had first met. As he rose, he felt purpose settle on his shoulders like an old friend. "I will sleep in the barracks as is fit for a commander. If you are so inclined, would you show me the way? I would also hear from you what you wish to accomplish as emperor and how your army would best serve those goals." Already his mind was at work and he itched to start repairs on what would be his domain under Vithmiris.

OOC |  

@vithmiris
Find Reply
genderStallion
ageImmortal
height17.0 hh
breedTersk
sorceryRegeneration
sexualityDemisexual
posts148
carats 7,091€ Carats
plotterX
trackerX
(Emperor) played by perm_identity amore, posted schedule 12-26-2017, 06:36 PM. link #8
There is a flash of disappointment across the vampire's dark face as Hel rejects - albeit politely at least - his offer of proving himself with a spar. He would just have to go and find Selene later and see if she wanted to butt heads for a while. Of course she would. He gives a small nod to the other, however, understanding that not all wished to exhert the energy required for even a scuffle. "Very well."

For now, he would lay trust in Hel to fulfil his new position to the best of his ability; but as one who once commanded legions of his own, he knows what is required, and also how easy it can sometimes be to snipe loyalty away from the ones in charge. He will not let that happen. He gives a nod of his head towards the barracks as he turns to walk back in that direction, a mild tingling sense of disdain beginning to bubble inside as his mind ticks over; he more so remembers his past, rather than thinking about what the future may bring. But, there is a long way to go between now and developing a decent army, and he is confident that by the time they are fully established, both he and Slythe will be far more dangerous forces than at the present time.

A wicked smirk tugs at the corners of his lips, exposing a few sharp fangs, as his mind muses over the thoughts of Slythe becoming a truly full vampire. His skin tingles with the anticipation. Whilst part of his mind wanders, however, he also remains focused on the present and pushes open the doors of the barracks as he leads Hel through. "For the moment, the goal is to set up the skeleton; the commander, now yourself, a spymaster - although I have someone in mind for that... Slythe and Selene are both settled with their own positions. Although I am putting my faith in you, do not confuse that with trust." He states the last part sternly, a dangerous flash in his sunfire eyes as he leads the way through the barracks.

There is nothing exciting about the layout of the structure. It is simple, with large rooms on one side of the corridor on the ground floor, designated as the soldier's quarters; on the opposite side of the hall is a large mess hall and decent kitchen - soldiers need to have good quality meals, after all. He winds around the corner and begins to ascend a staircase that wraps around in a gentle spiral.

"The purpose of the Imperial Army will be to protect the ridge's citizens; from the dangers of the ridge, be it animal or nature, and to keep the outside visitors in their place whilst they are here. I do not expect others that live here to follow Shishira, although my own faith lies with him, to an extent. You can expect the same level of intolerance of bullshit, ignorance, disloyalty, and especially treason." He stopped at the top of the staircase and looked at Hel with a dangerous gaze for a brief moment before he continued on to explore the upper levels of the barracks. The 2nd level was entirely dedicated to training. A large hall had multiple, albeit dilapidated and rusted, sets of armours and weapons. Then another curved staircase to the 3rd level.

"There are plans to explore the mountain caves and set up a mine, which will help in setting up trades with the other kingdoms for resources. Soldiers will be required to aid in the protection of transports to and from the ridge once trades have been established. You will be informed as soon as possible when that happens. Depending on how long the reconstructions take, soldiers may be required to help - as a training exercise." It was something that he used to put his own armies through, back in the day, reconstructing damages once they had conquered an area. It was good for physical and magical improvements and building moral with improvements to teamwork.

The third floor didn't have as much floor space as the previous levels, but was still incredibly spacious and supported 4 rooms; two bedrooms, and two studies. "The barracks are for both the army and the inquisitors - our spies. You will share this level with whoever becomes Spymaster. You each have a bedroom and a study - you may fill either of these rooms with whatever you like, decorate how you see fit, make it your own." He steps aside to allow Hel to pass him - although the hall itself has enough room for them to walk side by side with ease. "Choose whichever one you prefer. First come, first serve."

Do not mistake my patience for cowardice.
vithmiris
image © Alpenminuial | coding

@Hel | brain fart = a lot of babble.
|| Please tag Vithmiris in each post. ||
|| Please note that Vithmiris is typically a M-rated character. ||

Find Reply