o
Caeleste
OOC News
[ Archive ]
18th February 2018 | Additional news for today, we now have an absent/busy page that shows all members currently absent/busy as well as the reason stated for such! This page is controlled by the away status you set for your account (by going to edit profile --> away status). We will be going through the absences board as well and adding in current absences to some members profiles. If you had an absence thread posted but are no longer absent please delete the thread. <3 Thank you!

18th February 2018 | NEW SITE INCENTIVE!!! Weekly Challenges were set up in an effort to give members a chance to do something out of the ordinary with their character while receiving a reward for doing so. Be sure to check out the thread, challenges start today if you wish to get involved.

31st January 2018 | February OTM's are now open for voting! Cast your votes whenever you get a chance.

28th January 2018 | New quick link MyCodes available! Easily link a profile, thread or specific post in a thread. To read more on how to use them please see the More Resources section of the Guidebook. They can all be found under the Miscellaneous --> Useful MyCodes area.

25th January 2018 | New way of tagging. Instead of @username it is now @[username] and you will also see nifty little reminders in both posts and profiles that you can easily copy and paste instead of having to type out names! Hoping everyone has an easier time with tags now.

23nd January 2018 | Of the month nominations for February are taking place, be sure to nominate your favourites here!

22nd January 2018 | Thanks to the wonderful isoldehn, we have new rosters for each individual herd! They can be found in the navigation menu as a drop down under "Census". The Census & Player DB as well as all rosters now update automatically! We also just updated (moved accounts inactive) and deleted accounts (that were inactive for three months or more). This is a reminder to login every thirty days to keep accounts active and every ninety days to keep accounts from being deleted!

10th January 2018 | The poll has closed and Greeshma has a new Emperor!

7th January 2018 | Greeshma leadership voting is now open! Please go and cast your vote after your own deliberation on the applications for our leaders; thank you to everyone who entered! Go vote!

1st January 2018 | Happy New Year to all of Caeleste and all the lovely people in this community! To celebrate the new year, we are holding two contests alongside each other; a Posting Contest and an Advertising Contest and both have super prizes. It is a contest against yourself and not against other players, all in the name of earning some fantastic prizes, so we hope you'll really enjoy it! Let's have another fantastic year! And have fun posting!
IC News
[ Archive ]
3rd February 2018 | The Emperor of Sharad, Leonidas, is calling an Emergency Herd Meeting! His first and only daughter has been murdered in cold blood! He needs your help, don't miss out. This is the beginning of something big! Check it out here and paticipate in this thrilling plot!

1st February 2018 | A newcomer by the name of Destroyah has challenged Vithmiris for leadership of Shishira. What will come of this? We do not know but you may follow the battle here!

10th January 2018 | Congratulations to Hassan on winning the place as Emperor of Greeshma!
Setting
YR TWO | EARLY SPRING
The snow has melted in most places of Caeleste, besides those that are prone to snow throughout all seasons. Birds are chirping, the nice weather bringing them back home from winter migrations. You will also notice many other animals reappearing throughout. Weather temperatures have risen but often a cool crisp air will still bite at coats during the evening and night hours. Enjoy the lovely weather of spring for summer may not be as kind.
Monthly Herd Post Totals

Greeshma

316 posts

Hemanta

468 posts

Sharad

300 posts

Vasanta

337 posts

Shishira

422 posts
  • Member of the Month
    boaz
    Rather new to this large crazy family, Boaz is often seen in the cBox or in Caeleste's discord channel. A rather friendly, outgoing personality, Boaz is not afraid to make new friends and get involved in any plots!
  • Thread of the Month
    let’s play a game
    A touching, heartbreaking, thread. Leonidas and Roxana come to find their beautiful child viciously murdered. This thread can be considered the start of a war as Leonidas will not rest until he finds whomever did this.
  • Couple of the Month
    Vithmiris & Slythe
    Caeleste's resident vampire couple, Emperor Vithmiris and Slythe have offered a rather interesting dynamic to their pairing. While the pair have a tendency for violence, the two also have their tender moments - as fleeting as they are.
  • Character of the Month
    Hassan
    The newly crowned Greeshma Emperor has certainly made a name for himself among many in Caeleste in many ways and has made it no secret his ambitions for the kingdom of Greeshma. We can't wait to see what he does next!
  • Quote of the Month
    Rhiannon
    “Run along back to that mountain in that frozen hell you call home. And next time you come strolling out from between his sheets, I suggest you wash yourself. I could smell you a mile away.”
Community Center
[-]
IMPORTANT:
Chat With Us
chat Discord report Conduct publish Popout
Newest Posts
[REFRESH]
Open Threads
Caeleste Time: 02-18-2018, 06:14 PM

|Bloodfall Citadel And Children Listen
genderStallion
age4 year old
height15.3 hh
breedArabian x Thoroughbred
sexualityPansexual
posts73
carats 405€ Carats
trackerMoments of Genius
“beware the frozen heart”
(Spymaster) played by perm_identity Blushie, posted schedule 12-10-2017, 04:14 PM. link #1
Doyle
The citadel was still under construction as Doyle's hooves left snow to find snow. He shrugged internally, it would be a find place eventually. Probably still too warm for his tastes, but he had yet to find a real residence. He wasn't too interested in settling down till he had worked a few things out. He was allowed inside after a quick flick of the letter of invitation. A footman showed him through the labyrinth of hallways. Open walls and half-made decorations covered the place. Clearly it was under construction.

His cloven hooves made light noises on the stone floors. It was still cool enough for him to be somewhat comfortable. He let a bit more of his magic slide into the air. The doorman announced his presence and Doyle was signaled into the study. This room was at least complete. 

"Vithmiris, pleasure to see you again," Doyle said in greeting, dipping his horned head. "Or your majesty now I suppose." He added with a light grin. "I'm glad to see someone disposed of the incompetent red queen." He'd only recently made up his mind to aid in arranging her dethronement, but he had not needed to act. The vampire had moved in quickly, possibly hunter's senses Doyle supposed. But Doyle was a torturer, not a hunter. 
break the ice apart
beware the frozen heart
image | coding | @Vithmiris
Tag Me: @[Doyle]
Find Reply
genderStallion
ageImmortal
height17.0 hh
breedTersk
sorceryRegeneration
sexualityDemisexual
posts148
carats 7,091€ Carats
plotterX
trackerX
“Excuse me, but I'm a fuckmothering vampire.”
(Emperor) played by perm_identity amore, posted schedule 12-10-2017, 07:55 PM. link #2
Things had slowly been coming together, but repairs and renovations would always take quite some time, especially given the amount of damage done to much of the Citadel. It was a shame, really, that it had been left to weather and ruin over time, and none had sought to claim it as their own. But that has all changed, and it will be grand again.

He is up earlier than usual, although that just means it is early afternoon instead of the evening. The stories around vampires burning in the sunlight are far from true when it comes to a creature such as he; Slythe, on the other hand, frequently suffers negative effects in the light, but she did grow up underground and has skin as pale as freshly fallen snow, so that is to be expected. That, and she is still not a full-fledged vampire yet, much to Vithmiris' irritation. Eventually, though, she will cave.

A knock on the study makes him look around from where had been scribbling down names, making a record of those who lived within the Ridge, and if they held any positions. "Greetings, Doyle. And Vithmiris is fine," He comments dismissively of the title, "I am not much one for formalities, honestly. At least, not in person." A chuckle followed as he set aside his things to look at the purple man properly, a wicked grin tickling the corners of his mouth at the others' comment.

"It is a pity, and a disappointment, she did not show to fight for it. But, I suppose it wouldn't have been much of a fight. Summer is not fit to rule Winter." A disgusted expression took the vampire's dark features and his eyes seemed to burn for a moment, before his features relaxed once more. He was in a surprisingly calm state, having tucked himself away in here to escape the noise of the repairs whilst Slythe slept.

"But, onto more important things! Tell me, what made you accept my invitation?"

Do not mistake my patience for cowardice.
vithmiris
image © Alpenminuial | coding

@Doyle |
|| Please tag Vithmiris in each post. ||
|| Please note that Vithmiris is typically a M-rated character. ||

Tag Me: @[Vithmiris]
Find Reply
genderStallion
age4 year old
height15.3 hh
sexualityPansexual
posts73
carats 405€ Carats
trackerMoments of Genius
(Spymaster) played by perm_identity Blushie, posted schedule 01-07-2018, 09:56 AM. link #3
Doyle
Vithmiris was a different sort, and familiar in some respects with those Doyle has dealt with in the past. He looked around the study, at least it was finished. Repairs elsewhere could be heard but it was remote and muffled. Probably why the emperor would put himself here of course. He noted the grin about Zaerai's incompetence. It had been a gamble, but one that paid off.

"I met her once, and that was all I needed to know she wasn't fit," Doyle said. "The mare coated herself in heat, in a land of snow. How she ended up here I will not understand. Well, considering she fled from a stallion with two heads in Devil's Perch I suppose it isn't a surprise. Summer might have exiled her." He did like politics, but he rather liked being away from them and watching hem. His trip to Duskmaw Estuary had been quite fruitful.

Vithmiris was about business and Doyle could appreciate that. He gave the vampire a smile. "Straight onto business then," He said. "Excellent. I responded because I think I can be of some help. I have spent, oh gods knows how many years simply running around from mountain top to mountain top keeping a distance from below. I have now see three inadequate rulers pass through kingdoms I sat in and I'm sick of just watching from the high places. I would like to at least be involved in things."

He paused and waited.

"Simply put, I recently was able to increase the chill I can generate to keep myself alive," He went on. It was always difficult to convince people that someone has handicapped as he was could be useful. In fact, he felt that it was more useful than appearing whole and strong. After all, who really thinks much of the man with a gaping hole in his chest? It sets most off their game. "This has greatly increased my range of motion and I would like to put some of it to use. Being alone on a mountain top is quite boring after all." He looked at Vithmiris. "You asked for people to volunteer and so I'm offering my services in the region of intelligence. I have a good deal of experience in the ways of information."

It was true. That had been what he had been raised for back in Risden. It had really been his stupid, youthful arrogance that landed him in his current position. He would never repeat that mistake.
break the ice apart
beware the frozen heart
image | coding | @Vithmiris

Please tag in all posts!
Use of force and magic in small, non-threatening amounts is allowed. If you want to plot, PM me or Discord me.

Please note, I work long hours Mon-Fri and may not be the fastest at replying, but I will reply.
Find Reply
genderStallion
ageImmortal
height17.0 hh
breedTersk
sorceryRegeneration
sexualityDemisexual
posts148
carats 7,091€ Carats
plotterX
trackerX
(Emperor) played by perm_identity amore, posted schedule 01-13-2018, 10:36 PM. link #4
Two heads? Vithmiris smirks a little with a small snort. That sounded like a party and a half, and he had to admit a little disappointment he hadn’t been around for it. But that is all in his head as he listens to what Doyle has to say.

He can appreciate the other’s sentiment about wanting to be involved in things when kingdoms had sat still for too long, and he gives a nod for the man to continue. As Doyle mentions using magic to keep himself cool, Vithmiris notes the man’s chest; both a weakness and a hidden strength, and the dark stallion grins a little as he at least does see it more as a hidden strength, used to trick others into thinking the purple creature as potentially weak. Just the kind of mentality he enjoys having around.

“I appreciate the offer, Doyle. Luckily, the position of Spymaster of the Inquisitors is free for you to claim, so if being in control of our spy network is what you’re really after then you are welcome to take the title. Now, if you will, please follow me.”

It seems all so simple and easy. People coming to him, asking for particular positions, and he just straight up gives it to them. But there is a method to his madness, in a way, as he enjoys seeing what people do with being given a powerful position without having to do much – if anything – to actually obtain it.

He leads the way out of the study, and back out to the foyer of the castle, however, instead of heading outside into the cold and then into the barracks, there is a door that leads down a corridor that then, in turn, ends with yet another door that allows internal access to the barracks. It is not so much to avoid going outside, but just makes access easier especially for messengers or the Commander and Spymasters to more quickly have access to the emperor should they need it.

Climbing the stairs, explaining briefly what can be found on each level – the knight and inquisitor quarters on one side of the corridor with a mess hall on the other on the ground level, then up the large spiralled staircase to the second floor, which is entirely dedicated to training and other such related activities, whilst up on the third floor is the Commander and Spymaster quarters, each with their own private rooms, and study-cross-interrogation rooms.

He walks past the first room on the right, and proceeds down to the second where he stops, “This is your private quarters. Feel free to personalise it however you wish, if that is something you would like to do. Helborath, our Commander, has the other room. Across here,” he turns to indicate to the room on the other side of the corridor, “is your study. You can use it however you wish and is probably the better place to conduct interrogations of prisoners than anywhere else.”

The bedroom is reasonably spacious, and despite the fact that it is part of the barracks, the furniture within is reasonably lavish, the old ruined things having been replaced during the repairs and renovations.

vithmiris

@Doyle |

Find Reply
genderStallion
age4 year old
height15.3 hh
sexualityPansexual
posts73
carats 405€ Carats
trackerMoments of Genius
(Spymaster) played by perm_identity Blushie, posted schedule 01-18-2018, 11:15 AM. link #5
Doyle
Doyle considered his frozen heart a great strength. It was obvious, weak, it's pulsing visible. He made no secret that he needed to keep himself cool to live. Some would think he should guard his secrets more closely, but those were exactly the sort of people who fell for this. They considered him weak, as his life was as easy to take as it would be to break a thin sheet of ice over a lake. And he was weak, but in that weakness he was often overlooked. They didn't attack, because they didn't see the point of it. And then their guards were down and their minds were open for him to take what he wanted.

It worked more often then not. Doyle listened to the king's words and was a bit surprised by his offer. Doyle had of course wanted to be in charge, and being in control of the flow of information was certainly his goal. But he had expected to have to work for it. He eyed Vithmiris; was he so desperate or so clever? Time would tell of course.

"Well, I must admit, I expected to have to work for the position," Doyle said. "Prove myself capable, but since you're offering, I most definitely accept." Doyle made his living through being both transparent and in that transparency the darkness of his double meanings lurked. Being fae, Doyle found outright lying quite difficult if not incredibly painful. Within that trickery however lay the greatest of deception lay. "I guess I'll just have to prove it on the job."

He knew the type that made the best spies. And he suspected he would have to stay on his toes to keep ahead of them. Ambition was a wonderful thing, but it was a tricky thing to manage. Especially in that sort of environment of quiet, subtle movements. He followed Vithmiris out of the study and through a series of corridors. He would have to remember this, but Karen's blue eyes followed the twists and turns with brilliant intelligence.

He nods and looks into the room. It's cozy… but that will likely be easily changed. "They look excellent," He said. A large bed, elegant looking fireplace (though he would have to repurpose that space), a bookcase, and few lighting fixtures dotted the place. Doyle didn't need much finery. He'd spent most of his life living in ice caves and hiding from heat. With a nod he follows him to the more bare room that would be his study. Easy access of course. Interrogations and the like. He nodded and glanced at again another fireplace.

He really would have to figure out what to do with that space. After all, he would be leaving the rooms at a comfortable below freezing. It would be great for keeping people on their toes.

"Thank you, Vithmiris," Doyle said. "This is more than adequate." Vithmiris was on his game. "I'll have to meet Hellborne sometime." He glanced about the rooms, noting a few iron fixtures. Those would have to go. "So who do I talk to about decorating?" He looked to the king, no use in pretending he wasn't going to move in and make it his own immediately.
break the ice apart
beware the frozen heart

Please tag in all posts!
Use of force and magic in small, non-threatening amounts is allowed. If you want to plot, PM me or Discord me.

Please note, I work long hours Mon-Fri and may not be the fastest at replying, but I will reply.
Find Reply
genderStallion
ageImmortal
height17.0 hh
breedTersk
sorceryRegeneration
sexualityDemisexual
posts148
carats 7,091€ Carats
plotterX
trackerX
(Emperor) played by perm_identity amore, posted schedule 01-21-2018, 03:24 PM. link #6
"I find that proving one's self on-the-job is a far more effective test of ability than attempting to prove one's self beforehand. The only exception to that is usually reserved for the Commander and Knights; although, Hel did turn down my offer to prove himself in a fight. Disappointing, but it'll happen eventually." A slightly amused smirk dances across the vampire's lips as he gives a small shrug.

Every new ruler had to start somewhere with building their ranks, and whilst Vithmiris had been in a somewhat similar position once in his past as a commander of an impossibly large army, it was so long ago now that he couldn't even begin to remember where he'd started, how he'd started. All he has to do now is make sure that his relationships with his high ranking officers are strong and loyal, and hopefully, things will filter down from there into the other ranks.

"Ah, yes." At Doyle's question about who to ask about redecorating, Vithmiris nods and then whistles, and a small bat flutters through the window before coming to land in the space between them. In a burst of mist, the bat is gone and standing in its place is a young servant. It is of little surprise that the Vampire King had turned a few of his servants once he got settled. He seems barely older than a child, his coat entirely black except for the blanket of white spots over his rump.

"If you should need anything, sir, I am here for you."

"Consider him your personal little helper. Utilise him for anything you may need, be it redecorating, sending messages, fetching you food... Whatever your hearts' desire." Vithmiris chuckles a little as he looks for a moment at the eager young servant. "Is there anything else that you would like to know before I return to the castle, Doyle?"

vithmiris

@Doyle | yay, little npc helper for doyle! left him nameless for you :P

Find Reply
genderStallion
age4 year old
height15.3 hh
sexualityPansexual
posts73
carats 405€ Carats
trackerMoments of Genius
(Spymaster) played by perm_identity Blushie, posted schedule 01-26-2018, 04:37 PM. link #7
Doyle
"Did he? Well, hopefully there will be some excellent blood sport soon," Doyle chuckled. He enjoyed a good fight, at least, watching it. "And hopefully open to the public." Again, his frozen heart and gaping chest were not merely decoys. They were valid weaknesses that he had to take care to preserve. Someone with good aim could do in a moment what the sun would take hours to do. And then where would he be? It was his wit that kept him alive.

He was quite surprised by the sharp whistle and the bat. Doyle thankfully did not jump when the bat turned into a child, but he did look questionably at the colt-like equine. He glanced back at the Vampire king.

"Vampire king indeed," he mused aloud. "Twas more than just flair I see." He chuckled to himself. He looked at the kid-thing. He'd have to find out how old he actually was, but perhaps that was for quiet conversation. The interest was there.

"I do not believe at present," Doyle said. "Though, as you find more volunteers for inquisitors, please send me their names. I'll need to know who who so I can… figure out best where they'll fit." he looked back at the kid. He dipped his head to Vithmiris.

"So… what do I call you?" Doyle asked.

"Hector, sir," the bat-child answered chipprly.

"Hector, alright," Doyle looked back at the great windows. This was going to be some remodel, but fortunately, there were plenty of workers and materials in the castle.
break the ice apart
beware the frozen heart

Please tag in all posts!

Find Reply
genderStallion
ageImmortal
height17.0 hh
breedTersk
sorceryRegeneration
sexualityDemisexual
posts148
carats 7,091€ Carats
plotterX
trackerX
(Emperor) played by perm_identity amore, posted schedule 01-30-2018, 01:52 PM. link #8
A deep rumbling chuckle leaves the dark vampire as he hears Doyle's words, and nods in agreement, "A man after my own heart. I shall try to remember to send out the invitations..." There is a light tease in his words before he dismisses the topic with a shake of his head in time for the young vampire servant to appear.

"You better believe it." Vithmiris grins, amused by Doyle's words before he relaxes and becomes a little more serious again, "I have quite a few meetings lined up, many of which I am safely assuming are going to requests for ranks; given the notice. I shall pass along any relevant information once I receive it."

He then turns and walks around the pair, and heads towards the stairs, "I shall leave you for now, but as I said, should you need anything you only need ask Hector, or if he is unable to provide the answer you need, send him to fetch me. I wish you luck with your new positions, Doyle." He then descends the stairs, to return to the castle; his words to the other were true, he did hope that he would be successful. He needed successful people in his ranks, those with vision and determination to do well at their jobs.

vithmiris

@Doyle || and done! :D

Find Reply
genderStallion
age4 year old
height15.3 hh
sexualityPansexual
posts73
carats 405€ Carats
trackerMoments of Genius
(Spymaster) played by perm_identity Blushie, posted schedule 01-31-2018, 10:34 AM. link #9
Doyle
Things had gone better than he had expected. Though he was going to have to actually work to ensure he kept his position. He dipped his head at Vithmiris. The king had a range it would seem. Serious and blood hungry and also jovial. Then again, most beings had a range. This range was useful and irksome. After all it made predicting their movements both hard and remarkably easy.

"As always, thank you for your time," Doyle said. "Thank you for any further information." He would need to know who would be under his 'command' and then he would need to know who was too ambitious for their own good. And following that he would need to work with them. "And I'm sure we will speak again soon."

It would be a long and difficult road for business. But for the moment, he had other things to worry about. He looked at Hector with a grin as Vithmiris left.

"So… let's talk about the iron fixtures…" He began, walking into the room and closing the door with a hoof. "They are all going to have to go…"
break the ice apart
beware the frozen heart
image | coding | @Vithmiris Yes done <3

Please tag in all posts!

Find Reply