o
Caeleste
OOC News
[ Archive ]
20th February 2018 | We have a new poll up, Leadership Battle Grace Period Poll! We are considering changing our grace period for leadership battles to offer some more down time. Go read about it an give us your vote!

18th February 2018 | Additional news for today, we now have an absent/busy page that shows all members currently absent/busy as well as the reason stated for such! This page is controlled by the away status you set for your account (by going to edit profile --> away status). We will be going through the absences board as well and adding in current absences to some members profiles. If you had an absence thread posted but are no longer absent please delete the thread. <3 Thank you!

18th February 2018 | NEW SITE INCENTIVE!!! Weekly Challenges were set up in an effort to give members a chance to do something out of the ordinary with their character while receiving a reward for doing so. Be sure to check out the thread, challenges start today if you wish to get involved.

31st January 2018 | February OTM's are now open for voting! Cast your votes whenever you get a chance.

28th January 2018 | New quick link MyCodes available! Easily link a profile, thread or specific post in a thread. To read more on how to use them please see the More Resources section of the Guidebook. They can all be found under the Miscellaneous --> Useful MyCodes area.

25th January 2018 | New way of tagging. Instead of @username it is now @[username] and you will also see nifty little reminders in both posts and profiles that you can easily copy and paste instead of having to type out names! Hoping everyone has an easier time with tags now.

23nd January 2018 | Of the month nominations for February are taking place, be sure to nominate your favourites here!

22nd January 2018 | Thanks to the wonderful isoldehn, we have new rosters for each individual herd! They can be found in the navigation menu as a drop down under "Census". The Census & Player DB as well as all rosters now update automatically! We also just updated (moved accounts inactive) and deleted accounts (that were inactive for three months or more). This is a reminder to login every thirty days to keep accounts active and every ninety days to keep accounts from being deleted!

10th January 2018 | The poll has closed and Greeshma has a new Emperor!

7th January 2018 | Greeshma leadership voting is now open! Please go and cast your vote after your own deliberation on the applications for our leaders; thank you to everyone who entered! Go vote!

1st January 2018 | Happy New Year to all of Caeleste and all the lovely people in this community! To celebrate the new year, we are holding two contests alongside each other; a Posting Contest and an Advertising Contest and both have super prizes. It is a contest against yourself and not against other players, all in the name of earning some fantastic prizes, so we hope you'll really enjoy it! Let's have another fantastic year! And have fun posting!
IC News
[ Archive ]
3rd February 2018 | The Emperor of Sharad, Leonidas, is calling an Emergency Herd Meeting! His first and only daughter has been murdered in cold blood! He needs your help, don't miss out. This is the beginning of something big! Check it out here and paticipate in this thrilling plot!

1st February 2018 | A newcomer by the name of Destroyah has challenged Vithmiris for leadership of Shishira. What will come of this? We do not know but you may follow the battle here!

10th January 2018 | Congratulations to Hassan on winning the place as Emperor of Greeshma!
Setting
YR TWO | EARLY SPRING
The snow has melted in most places of Caeleste, besides those that are prone to snow throughout all seasons. Birds are chirping, the nice weather bringing them back home from winter migrations. You will also notice many other animals reappearing throughout. Weather temperatures have risen but often a cool crisp air will still bite at coats during the evening and night hours. Enjoy the lovely weather of spring for summer may not be as kind.
Monthly Herd Post Totals

Greeshma

316 posts

Hemanta

468 posts

Sharad

300 posts

Vasanta

337 posts

Shishira

422 posts
  • Member of the Month
    boaz
    Rather new to this large crazy family, Boaz is often seen in the cBox or in Caeleste's discord channel. A rather friendly, outgoing personality, Boaz is not afraid to make new friends and get involved in any plots!
  • Thread of the Month
    let’s play a game
    A touching, heartbreaking, thread. Leonidas and Roxana come to find their beautiful child viciously murdered. This thread can be considered the start of a war as Leonidas will not rest until he finds whomever did this.
  • Couple of the Month
    Vithmiris & Slythe
    Caeleste's resident vampire couple, Emperor Vithmiris and Slythe have offered a rather interesting dynamic to their pairing. While the pair have a tendency for violence, the two also have their tender moments - as fleeting as they are.
  • Character of the Month
    Hassan
    The newly crowned Greeshma Emperor has certainly made a name for himself among many in Caeleste in many ways and has made it no secret his ambitions for the kingdom of Greeshma. We can't wait to see what he does next!
  • Quote of the Month
    Rhiannon
    “Run along back to that mountain in that frozen hell you call home. And next time you come strolling out from between his sheets, I suggest you wash yourself. I could smell you a mile away.”
Community Center
[-]
Chat With Us
chat Discord report Conduct publish Popout
Newest Posts
[REFRESH]
Open Threads
Caeleste Time: 02-20-2018, 11:33 PM

|Silver Pines| let's play a game
genderMare
age6 year old
height15.3 hh
breedArabian x Andalusian
sexualityPansexual
posts52
carats 1,227€ Carats
“I like the idea of being whoever I want to be.”
(Head Healer) played by perm_identity Mallory, posted schedule 01-01-2018, 01:43 PM. link #1

Things had been going so well. Almost too well, in fact, but the golden woman chose not to dwell on it. Since she had given birth to her little bundle of joy, she had remained holed up in her cabin - only letting very few guests come and see her. Leonidas had visited often, as promised, and Roxana was constantly filled to the brim with mirth at the sheer joy their daughter showed when her sire walked through the door. She and Leo had fallen back into their companionable relationship that they had had before their big blow-out...minus the sex, of course. Roxana refused to even think of it, both for her own health as she was still healing from such an unexpected and rough delivery and for the sake of the mysterious mare that had Leo's heart.

Even if he didn't admit it, she knew. She was an observant mare and knew he'd come to her when the time was right. But for now, Roxana was content to enjoy the little bubble she had built for herself and pretend she had a happy little family. Maybe Leonidas's lover would come to love Sabine, too, in some kind of way.

Enough time had passed that Roxana felt comfortable enough to leave her cabin and show Sabine the outside world that was waiting for her. The pegasus mare was still weak from her self-healing sessions but buried the seed of sadness away. For all of her healing abilities, she feared she couldn't save her womb. Fate had been cruel to her, but at least she had Sabine. She had one bright ray of sunshine to call all her own - to hear the words "Mama!" fall from her child's lips was enough to ease the burden of sadness Roxana bore. If she was to only have one foal her entire lifetime, then so be it.

"Careful, my little dove! Not too far," she chided gently, despite the smile that tugged at her lips. Despite being born small and frail, Sabine seemed to defy the odds by growing stronger and bolder every day. The little filly had grown restless with the cabin as her strength grew. A day out would be good for both of them, Roxana had reasoned at first...And now she was regretting that decision. The copper-toned filly was far too energetic to keep up with, wearing her already weakened mother out. Roxana had sent word to Leonidas of their day out of wandering around in the Pines and prayed he was on his way to offer some reprieve.

"Roxana's speech!" Roxana's Thoughts!

@Leonidas   @Selene  

Hehehe here we are! I might just post Sabine with Roxana to make things easier if that's okay with you guys?
Tag Me: @[Roxana]
Find Reply
genderStallion
age12 year old
height15.2 hh
breedArabian
sorceryShamanism
sexualityHeterosexual
posts289
carats 4,960€ Carats
plotterCarhartt's Critters
trackerCarhartt's Babes
“Sometimes the right path is not always the easiest one.”
(Emperor) played by perm_identity Carhartt, posted schedule 01-01-2018, 02:02 PM. link #2

Joy filled his entire core every time he saw Sabine, hell any time she even crossed his mind (which was just about every moment) he was full of bliss. Excitement bubbled in his chest at the thought of today. Roxana was well enough and Sabine was big enough to have her first adventure outside. Leonidas moved at a swift trot, hoping he wasn’t too late. He had gotten caught up with a new member of Sharad and made haste to his amazing little daughter. Muscles rolled and rippled with each stride. Russet strands flowed like a flag in the wind as he pushed through his home with a smile across his charming features.

Being a father was indescribable. It was the happiest he had ever been. Being with her melted away any trouble or care in the world. Roxana and him were co-parenting better than most parents who were still together as a couple. Leonidas loved Roxana deeply, but they both knew his heart was somewhere else. Harena was who he was meant to be and given a second chance meant he better get his shit together. There was still feelings there with Roxana but he made sure to stuff them down and pretend as if they weren’t in the back of his mind constantly nagging him.

Despite not living with Roxana and Sabine he visited every day, and if he was going to miss a day due to work he was sure to send her a currier to let her know. Today he wouldn’t miss it for the world. The excitement was too much to hold. His free floating trot turned into a collected and rolling lope. Feeling good his crow hopped a bit, tossing his antlered dial into the heavens where he playfully kicked up his heels before pushing into a gallop. As he neared Roxana’s cabin he broke to a trot and nickered gently.

Just behind the cabin he saw her golden and glowing skin. Another deep nicker escaped his charcoal nares, calling to his sweet baby girl. Pushing forward he slid to a half halt. Reaching out he brushed a platonic kiss on Roxana’s cheek. “You look gorgeous as ever. How are you feeling?” Though he was speaking to Roxana his sapphire orbs searched for his darling daughter. Just a few feet ahead Sabine danced out from the bushes. A low nicker escaped his lips, the kind only stallions seemed to be able to make before he jogged to her. There he reached down and scooped her up into a tight embrace. “Oh Sabine! My precious girl, are you excited for today’s adventure?” There was a gentleness in his voice he had never known existed. Reluctantly he released the embrace and kissed her on the cheek as he nuzzled her with great endearment. “I love you so much.” His heart swelled with joy and great love as his eyes sparkled with pure pride. Little did he know this would be the day his life would change forever.

Leonidas walks.
Leonidas thinks.
"Leonidas talks."

T A G » @Roxana
M U S E » 10/10
V O C A L S » Jensen Ackles
W O R D S » 513
S T A T U S » finished
O O C » -sobs forever-

Please tag Leonidas in all replies!
Magic & Force are permitted, within reason.
Tag Me: @[Leonidas]
Find Reply
genderMare
age6 year old
height15.3 hh
sexualityPansexual
posts52
carats 1,227€ Carats
(Head Healer) played by perm_identity Mallory, posted schedule 01-01-2018, 07:47 PM. link #3

Of course, Sabine spotted him before her father before Roxana had. The little filly had been all abuzz with what today had in store for them. Not only was her papa coming, but they were going on an adventure! Sabine hadn't stopped bouncing around the cabin since dawn broke through the trees. Granted, Roxana didn't get much sleep with their lovely bundle of joy anyways - it seemed as though the filly was both a night owl and an early riser.

One moment, Roxana's gaze was watching her weave through the underbrush after something that had caught Sabine's eye. The next second, she was gone. Panic ripped through her despite the ache in her sides and the tiredness that bogged her down. Her ills were forgotten in that moment, her focus narrowing to a fine pinpoint to find that blasted filly before anything happened to her, so help her Sharad ---

Only to round a tree and find that Sabine had found Leonidas with a great screech of girlish glee, the kind reserved for the fathers and their fathers alone. Roxana stifled her chuckle as she watched their daughter, despite her frailty and size, collide with Leonidas with a gusto to be scooped up by the antlered stag. "Papa! the filly cried, already wiggling to escape his grasp despite loving the affection Leonidas was showering with her. Her small size allowed her to wriggle free without much effort, her red gaze darting between her golden mother and Leonidas with a silly grin. "Mama said we could go explorin' today since she's feeling better," Sabine chirped without a care in the world, completely oblivious to why Roxana wasn't quite herself in the first place. The fair-haired filly flounced to Roxana, fluffing her diminutive wings as she did so as if to try to fly - though her wings were still covered in far too many downy feathers to allow her to truly fly yet.

Roxana knew Sabine's time would come, though, judging by the number of downy feathers that trailed behind her. The golden pegasus smiled as Sabine cuddled up to her side, before rocketing off again in a peal of ringing laughter. "She's been quite excited since I told her we were going outside," Roxana offered in lieu of an apology for their daughter's energy, though the apology was clear in her red gaze. With a snicker, she continued as she began to trail after the direction Sabine had taken off in. "Neither Viktor or Florence have the energy to keep up with her. I think they've been doing double the amount of chores to avoid being in the firing range."

Her mirth slowly died though, as she remembered that he had asked how she was feeling. Roxana frowned slightly as her ears fell back into her curly mane, her red gaze sweeping the Pines for any sign of Sabine. This wasn't a conversation she needed to overhear. "I'm...okay. I'm healing as well as I can, given the circumstances." She was purposefully vague at first until she was certain there wouldn't be anyone overhearing them. "I...I don't think I saved everything, Leo. I think Sabine is it for me. The only one. There was too much damage, despite how early she was..."

Roxana trailed off, her red eyes glazed over as if lost in the memory of Sabine's birth all over again. The golden mare shook her head, offering Leonidas a gentle smile despite the sadness in her heart. "But that's okay. I have her. That's all that matters." Despite the need to follow Sabine, the golden pegasus found herself pausing in their hunt for their child to get a good hard look at Leonidas. A slight smirk tugged at her golden lips as a brow arched. "Have you made up with your mystery woman, yet? Are you ever going to tell me who she is, or am I going to have to find out myself?" she teasingly threatened, though her voice was warm despite the jest. While she knew she'd likely have a place in his heart forever as the mother of his child, she knew his true intentions laid elsewhere. Roxana had figured she was never truly meant to be the first lady in his life during their affair, despite the sparks between them...And she was oddly okay with that, to be second place to a mare she had never met. It had been quite clear he cared deeply for this mystery woman, whoever she was.

"Sabine's speech!

@Leonidas
Find Reply
genderStallion
age12 year old
height15.2 hh
breedArabian
sorceryShamanism
sexualityHeterosexual
posts289
carats 4,960€ Carats
trackerCarhartt's Babes
(Emperor) played by perm_identity Carhartt, posted schedule 01-02-2018, 04:14 PM. link #4

Sapphire orbs lit up as Sabine barreled towards him. "Papa!” His heart swelled with love and joy as they embraced. God she was just perfect. "Mama said we could go explorin' today since she's feeling better," Leonidas offered a handsome chorus of laughter as she dashed off playfully to her mother, wings spreading from her side in an effort to wiggle them free. “I am very excited to go on this adventure with you two.” He chimed as his eyes stayed glued on her in a protective manner. He feared if he blinked she would grow up right before his very eyes.

Gingerly he moved closer to Roxana where he offered an endearing cheek nuzzle. There was a slight sting of guilt residing in his chest. It was interesting to have two lives, but Harena knew about everything and despite how difficult it was she was willing to work it out with him. Roxana knew he was in a committed relationship, so they knew best to keep this platonic. However hard it was, he wanted to stay faithful to Harena no matter the history him and Roxana shared. "She's been quite excited since I told her we were going outside, Neither Viktor or Florence have the energy to keep up with her. I think they've been doing double the amount of chores to avoid being in the firing range." Leonidas chuckled with his charming and rugged way. “Well if she’s anything like me, we are going to have our hands full. I was a terrorist.” Winking playfully he returned his gaze to their gorgeous daughter who bounced about without a care in the world.

Oh, how he wished he could live like she did, perfect and untouched by cruel and harsh realities of life. A perfect example of innocence and life. It warmed his entire core as he watched her with an undying smile. Leonidas gently looked over Roxana as he inquired about her health. Concerned wrapped his engrossing features. "I'm...okay. I'm healing as well as I can, given the circumstances. I...I don't think I saved everything, Leo. I think Sabine is it for me. The only one. There was too much damage, despite how early she was..." Her new forced his heart into a twisted and uncomfortable knot. "But that's okay. I have her. That's all that matters." He had no idea she wanted more children… Gently he offered, his words low enough for only her to hear. “I hope that’s not the case… But if it is I know Sabine will fill your life with unending joy.’ He paused to look at her as she ran out ahead, “Roxana… I didn’t know I could love this much. She is my world.” Normally rough and deep tones came out in a dreamy croon.

Suddenly Sabine darted off out of view and Leonidas felt his cut twist. A deep nicker called to her to keep close. His sapphire orbs darted through the forest but then was preoccupied by Roxana’s question. "Have you made up with your mystery woman, yet? Are you ever going to tell me who she is, or am I going to have to find out myself?" He half smirked and half chuckled. It was no surprise that this would come up eventually. As things were growing more serious Roxana deserved to know. She surely would know who Harena was… she was second in command. Slowly with a sheepish smile he spoke up, “You actually know her. You’ve met her.” He knew she would have a good laugh at the fact he was seeing someone he worked with. It was frowned upon in most kingdoms, but then again Sharad danced to a different beat of its own drum. “Well.. You know our second in command Harena? Yeah… we have a lot more in common then just Sharad.” He swallowed with a somewhat bashful smile before he turned his attention to the empty forest. With no Sabine in sight he called out… The panic slowly started to tickle his mind.

Leonidas walks.
Leonidas thinks.
"Leonidas talks."

T A G » @Roxana
M U S E » 10/10
W O R D S » 677
S T A T U S » finished
O O C » Oh man we are getting close...

Find Reply
genderMare
age6 year old
height15.3 hh
sexualityPansexual
posts52
carats 1,227€ Carats
(Head Healer) played by perm_identity Mallory, posted schedule 01-02-2018, 05:29 PM. link #5

Roxana didn't think Sabine could get any more excited, but she was proven wrong again and again. The filly practically glowed under her father's love and adoration, practically vibrating with energy. It was clear Sabine was ready to go and hurry things along - she had been dying to go outside for quite some time, despite her patience. Completely oblivious to Leo's protective gaze, she dashed away without hardly a care in the world. She only stumbled once, hoof caught by a tree's overgrown root in her excitement. Sabine shook off the stumble well, laughing before disappearing out of sight in a flurry of golden locks and downy flight feathers.

The golden pegasus sighed tiredly, though a smile lingered as she watched the two interact. He was good to her, to Sabine. Leo was fair in his treatment of herself, too; but her foremost concern would always lay with Sabine. Regardless of how their friendship changed...or ended if the day ever came, she felt assured Leo would never retaliate against Sabine to hurt her. The love he already bore for the filly was strong. A father's love was something she had never had and found herself happy that Sabine would have them both. Perhaps Leo's mystery woman, too, if they were all fortunate enough. The thought of Leo brought her gaze to him as he spoke, drawing a very unladylike chortle from her. "A terrorist? Why am I not surprised?" She was teasing him, knowing the twinkle in her eye would give her away despite her poker face.

Roxana knew that they both would try their hardest to make sure Sabine wanted for nothing and didn't grow up too fast. The golden mare had had no choice in her past; as for Leo, she was not quite so sure. They hadn't shared much of their pasts with each other besides small snippets here and there, but Roxana had an inkling that he, too, had been forced to grow up too soon. She offered Leo a small smile, despite the pain her news brought. "I can only hope, but if fate is not kind to me - Sabine will be enough. She is enough. I had always dreamed of having a large family, growing up in the isolation I was forced into. But Sabine...she is my everything. She is my sun, the reason I get up every morning even when I want to weep for the future I may have lost. If she is to be my only babe, then so be it. I can rest easy knowing she will never grow up knowing the loneliness that I did." Roxana felt vulnerable and bare, open for anyone to see the darkest parts of her soul by sharing her thoughts and fears with Leo. Wasn't that what they wanted? To be more open with each other? She didn't mean to bring more headship upon him, but Leo was all she had besides Sabine to share her burdens with. It likely wasn't the healthiest arrangement and would probably have to change at some point in their lives...But for now, she found comfort and sharing the thoughts that plagued her at night.

"Sabine?" her voice rose in slight alarm, though Roxana was placated to hear the filly's laughter in the distance. Sabine wasn't too far from them - which was good. They'd be upon her soon enough. Her mood shifted once she realized she had her former lover turned best friend cornered into finally giving her the details she had been trying to pry out of him for some time. A smirk grew on her beautiful features like the cat who caught the canary. "I have?" Her curiosity peaked as her brows arched, wracking her mind desperately to try to recall the mares she had come across since she had joined the Pines.  And then he told her - Harena. Of course! It made complete sense. She couldn't stop the full belly laugh from escaping her, remembering the herd meeting they all attended when Roxana was still pregnant with Sabine. "Oh, no wonder she didn't seem thrilled to meet me. The poor woman. Gods, I was awful. I do hope she knows - Wait. Sabine? Sabine!"

Her rambling was cut short when she realized the Pines had grown quiet. Too quiet. There was a lack of birds chirping or smaller animals moving about...or the sound of their daughter. Roxana's shrill voice pierced the silence, fear crawling up her throat as she suddenly pushed herself into a pained run. The sudden awareness of the lack of movement felt like a knife plunged into Roxana's heart, adrenaline flooding her bloodstream as panic overtook her.

Then she heard the earsplitting scream of their baby, of their sweet Sabine, slice through the quiet forest air like a sword and it felt like Roxana's whole world had suddenly shattered before her.

"Sabine's speech!

@Leonidas   @Selene

I AM SOBBING ALREADY
Find Reply
genderMare
age10 year old
height17.3 hh
breedTB X Baroque Breeds
sorceryTelekinesis
sexualityBisexual
posts71
carats 65,847€ Carats
(Evening Star) played by perm_identity Nikkayla, posted schedule 01-02-2018, 06:20 PM. link #6

Selene An Ghealach Fola
a million ways to hurt you running round and round my head
The peaks of the Ridge were far away from her here, but she had felt the shift in the earth. From the moment her blood had been set afire by the awakening of bloodlust inside her heart, there had been nothing to fill the gaping maw of the void threatening to swallow her, unless she satiated the call. Sinuous and dark, the shadow of the Ridge crept behind her for some time as she had passed down the long paths. Selene was here now, for no other reason than to do what she wanted.

To indulge herself and her alone, in what drove her very core – and bring pandemonium.

In the shadow she remained, voices drifting upon the light breeze of the Silver Pines. She knew this was the dominion of some other god, a name she knew but did not utter, for all were false but Shishira. It had been his voice, the demon’s voice, whispering in her ears. Everything was too quiet, and Selene had come for the one reason to break the silence.

But the voices she heard now were different, and from her walking, destiny came to her. Those voices were far off enough, but there was movement closer to her. Selene’s head lowered, her lips pulling tight over her teeth as she remained hidden by the dense foliage, watching as the movement became a young child, only a few days old.

Her lips curled upwards, her eyes shining bright with a malevolent madness as the child came closer, and closer. It was so tantalising, and then she was close enough to her.

From her position, Selene lunged. Her eyes were mad pits of fire as she dashed towards the child, her lips curled into a terrible grin as she swung her head low. Her horns glinted in the light for a moment before she slashed at the child with them, piercing flesh with ease – there was a scream, she heard it, and then nothing the smaller horn upon her head silenced the voice of the child, and pierced her little heart inside her chest – no need to prolong agony now, was there?

The Pines around them were silent as Selene dropped the dead foal before her. Blood ran down her horns, thick and red, trailing along the lines to her mouth. Oh, how gratifying it was for her though. The crimson marked woman cast a look down, giving a snide little hiss of gratitude to the demon and Shishira for allowing her this, and then she was gone. Selene trailed her magic behind her, using the barks and leaves with her magic to erase all marks she might have left – only her scent, hidden behind the metallic smell of blood.

Selene would return to the Ridge and watch, watching the fallout from what she had done – and she grinned as she made her way towards the path that would take her back from whence she had come.

@Roxana @Leonidas - ... <3

Selene an Ghealach Fola
evening star of shishira - tag in all posts
Tag Me: @[Selene]
Find Reply
genderStallion
age12 year old
height15.2 hh
breedArabian
sorceryShamanism
sexualityHeterosexual
posts289
carats 4,960€ Carats
trackerCarhartt's Babes
(Emperor) played by perm_identity Carhartt, posted schedule 01-03-2018, 09:17 PM. link #7

A deep chuckled vibrated from deep in his chest as he watched Sabine recollect herself and shoot forward without any hesitation. He loved seeing how strong willed she was and how determined she was to grow up. Despite her small stature, her spirit was strong and healthy and he couldn’t be more proud. Not only was he proud of his daughter but Roxana as well. She gave birth to Sabine and took excellent care of her. She was doing an amazing job and he couldn’t be happier that she was Sabine's mother. Leonidas had a rough childhood. The youngest of twelve brothers and sisters was not an easy life. His sisters practically raised him because both his parents worked sun up to sun down to be able to support and provide for the family. There was great joy in his heart knowing Sabine would never have to witness the pain he received growing up. The constant torment of his brothers and the lack of parental interaction he so often craved for. No, Sabine would be spoiled rotten because both of her parents loved her more then anything in this world.

Deep sapphire orbs looked over Roxana with a gentle gaze, listening to her intently. "I can only hope, but if fate is not kind to me - Sabine will be enough. She is enough. I had always dreamed of having a large family, growing up in the isolation I was forced into. But Sabine...she is my everything. She is my sun, the reason I get up every morning even when I want to weep for the future I may have lost. If she is to be my only babe, then so be it. I can rest easy knowing she will never grow up knowing the loneliness that I did." His heart ached a little as she spoke. He could see the sadness in her crimson gaze and it tugged on his heart. Without much thought he reached towards her and nuzzled her petite jowls in an endearing and thoughtful manner. He hated to know she went through something so awful. “You are an amazing mother. I wouldn’t want anyone else to be Sabine’s dam.” Deep, rugged tones held a seriousness to them. He didn't know what to say about her history but he prayed his words would bring joy to her hear. He was honest, completely and fully. He couldn’t imagine anyone else being his daughter's mother. They had so much history, so much love for one another—he wouldn’t change it for the world.

Lobes flickered intently as Sabine giggled in the short distance. Satisfied that she was not too far he returned his attention to Roxana as she inquired about his secret love. "I have?" Just a coy smile danced across his charcoal lips. He knew she wouldn’t know right off hand but the more he offered she would surely remember. Roxana was a smart mare and he had no doubt she would realize who it was soon enough and probably see the hidden details in his words. Her gorgeous laughter filled the forest and Leonidas couldn’t help but look away with an embarrassed smile. He knew it wasn't the best thing for him to have a romantic relationship with his second in command, but then again Roxana was Sharad’s head healer. Obviously had a thing for powerful mares. "Oh, no wonder she didn't seem thrilled to meet me. The poor woman. Gods, I was awful. I do hope she knows - Wait. Sabine? Sabine!" Leonidas looked to her chuckling and quickly nodded as she started to speak about her knowing, however his features went cold as she called for Sabine and there was no response.

Suddenly realized they had not heard her giggle recently, the panic lurched in his throat. Instantly he stopped moving so he could hear more clearly. His dial flew to the heavens and a deep nicker echoed through the forest to Sabine. His gaze swept through the oddly silent forest, searching for their little bundle of joy. Before he could do anything more, Roxana took off. Leonidas lurched forward, muscled rolling into action as he tried to mentally talk himself down from the worried thoughts that tried to cloud his judgment. It was then… that his sweet baby girl screamed. It was then that his entire life changed forever. It was then the fate of Caeleste was forever altered.

Her scream was like a bullet exploding out of the barrel of a forty-five. It exploded into his chest and ripped his heart, obliterating his lungs. He couldn’t breathe. Daggers slammed against the earth as he ran faster than he had ever before, darting straight towards the scream. Acting on instinct he just ran, unable to say or truly think anything. Nothing else in the world mattered but getting to her. Rushing forward, his nares flared as he gasped for air. It was then he tasted it… He could taste the blood that wafted into the atmosphere; her blood. Massive antlers plowed into a thicket of brush, nearly uprooting it as his body forced through only to reveal his worse nightmare. There she was… lifeless in a pool of her own blood. An indescribable cry exploded from his lung as his knees slammed into the earth, skinning their hide clean off.

By the time he got her, he already knew. The scent of death permeated the air surrounding her precious body. Tears streamed down his jowls as he audibly and uncontrollably sobbed. “God no, Sabine no!!!” There was no describing the anguish and utter devastation that rolled through his body. He scooped her lifeless body into his chest, and wrapped his lithe nape around her. Her tiny head slid back as he pressed her against him, sobbing uncontrollably. He just repeating over and over. “No! no! no! no! no!” It’s all he could say as he rocked her back and forth in his tight embrace, unwilling to believe her fate. The warmth of her body was still there but the jovial and innocent life force that once inhabited it was forever gone from this world. Her precious spirit gone from this fucking cruel and horrible world. The devastation, anger, and pain was insurmountable. It chocked the oxygen from his lungs leaving him a sputtering mess. “God, why?! Why?! NO!!! NOOO!!!!” The screaming grew in volume as he pressed her tighter, pressing his muzzle into her dainty cheek… Sobbing, his voice broken and shattered, “No… god please. No… I can’t loose you.. No just please, don’t do this to me!!!” There he threw his head back, his ivory antler digging into his withers and back, breaking the skin. With tears pouring down his cheeks he shouted to the heavens in a bone chilling manner, “WHY?!” It echoed throughout Silver Pines with unknown force and volume. It blasted through every square inch like an atomic bomb's concussion wave. The wind rushed as his voice blasted out, his sorcery had swelled with such velocity in his body it forced a connection with the underworld. The spirits carried his cry throughout all of Caeleste. With this great devastation, they all cried in great sorrow with him…

Leonidas walks.
Leonidas thinks.
"Leonidas talks."

T A G » @Roxana
M U S E » 10/10
W O R D S » 677
S T A T U S » finished
O O C » Oh man we are getting close...

Find Reply
genderMare
age6 year old
height15.3 hh
sexualityPansexual
posts52
carats 1,227€ Carats
(Head Healer) played by perm_identity Mallory, posted schedule 01-05-2018, 05:42 PM. link #8

Roxana watched the filly take off with a soft smile, just glad they were all healthy and everything was going so well. Leonidas was a great father; Sabine was full of life and vibrancy, despite her rough start. Roxana knew her health would inevitably return to her soon. She just had to be patient while she healed. All in all, life was as perfect as it could be.

Perhaps such a notion should have set her on guard, but her mind was too distracted.

Her red gaze swept to Leonidas, not blind to his own sadness at her admissions, but she chose to ignore it. She didn't need his pity. He could still have more children, one day. Maybe he would grow his family further with Harena, should they ever make up. Roxana knew she would come to terms with her own fate eventually. It would just take time and patience with her wounded heart to accept what life had dealt her. She offered Leo a slight smile, unable to stop a snort from escaping from her. "I'd sure hope so. Though it's a little late to change things now, eh?" She was teasing him, in hopes to lighten the mood and draw attention away from her own sorrows. She had had enough of her own troubles for one day. Today, she just wanted to forget...even if it was just for a little while.

He at least seemed happy that she hadn't lost her damn mind once she realized who his mystery woman was. She couldn't judge him. She knew hearts were fickle and blind to titles. By all means, she should have been a slave in her life before Sharad - yet only by the grace of her Godly father did she escape such a fate. And when she should have been a priestess, the emperor of her homeland had snatched her for his own. It wasn't love - she knew that much now. But many judged them for his choices. She was too lowly to be his concubine, despite her lineage. Yet, he was blind to reason; blinded by what his heart and body wanted. Roxana had not been much better upon entering Caeleste, given her own blindness had led to the creation of their beloved daughter. Speaking of Sabine...

The silence after Roxana's cry was deafening. Panic clawed at her throat, causing a strangled sound to escape her as she started forward. She didn't bother to glance at Leo; she knew he would be right behind her, hearing his quickly crash through the underbrush not long after she took off. Sabine's scream shattered Roxana's already fragile heart, tearing a sob from her lips as she stumbled in her pain. Her fatigued muscles couldn't carry her fast enough, causing her to be outpaced by Leo as he suddenly took off like a rocket. Tears burned in Roxana's eyes as she stumbled blindingly after him, not caring for her own well being in that moment.

The tang of blood hit Roxana's nostrils first, causing the mare's stomach to lurch sickly. The sudden need to vomit almost won, but her fear kept driving her forward. Bile rose in Roxana's throat at Leo's cry not far from where she was struggling to follow behind him, pulling her in with an invisible force. As she stumbled into the clearing, tears fell from her eyes and burned white-hot trails down her golden cheeks.

No, no, no! This isn't how this is supposed to be!

Instinct took over despite her exhaustion, her brain screaming at her to do anything - everything - to save Sabine despite the pool of blood the filly laid in. "Move, Leo!" she barked, her voice hoarse and raw from the variety of emotions she was feeling. Hopelessness. Loss. Anger. Guilt. So many emotions swirled in her chest, but she focused on what she had to do. "I have to try. I have to try!" she sobbed, falling to the ground alongside him. She cared not for the fact she laid in a pool of her own child's blood. She had to try to save her. Leaving the antlered stag to his own pain for the moment, Roxana used her wings to draw the filly's lifeless body to her. The subtle glow that already surrounded Roxana's golden body seemed to pulsate as she screwed her eyes shut, pouring all she had into Sabine. "Come back to me, my little dove. Please..." Her words here hardly more than a whisper as she cradled the filly, rocking in her concentration as tears continued to roll down her cheeks. If she had to sacrifice all her energy to save Sabine, then so be it. She would gladly die to save her.

But fate was not so kind, after all.

Despite it all, Roxana's efforts were all in vain. Her whole body shook with her silent sobs as her glow seemed to dim as her healing magic finally waned into nothingness. Roxana looked up at Leo for the first time since entering the clearing, still cradling Sabine's lifeless body close to her. "I couldn't...I couldn't do it. I couldn't save her," she whispered, her heart aching. While Leonidas's rage rang throughout the Pines, Roxana's heart silently shattered into millions of pieces. Her pain was quiet but just as devastating. "I failed her, Leo. I failed you. I couldn't...I-I am so sorry. She's gone. Our baby is gone."

@Leonidas
Find Reply
genderStallion
age12 year old
height15.2 hh
breedArabian
sorceryShamanism
sexualityHeterosexual
posts289
carats 4,960€ Carats
trackerCarhartt's Babes
(Emperor) played by perm_identity Carhartt, posted schedule 01-18-2018, 09:08 AM. link #9

"Move, Leo!" The words took a moment for the sobbing stag. Looking at Roxana with utter devastation he reluctantly let the lifeless body into her mother’s arms… He shifted facing her, audibly sobbing feeling as if he was literally dying. He just sobbed and kept repeating, “God, no! Why!? Over and over, barely audible as he sputtered and spat. Leonidas knew it was too late… there was no saving Sabine, there was no healing someone who had already left this world. Leonidas couldn’t feel her soul, it was gone. He wanted to tell Roxana it was too late but couldn’t bring himself to utter the horrifying words. "I have to try. I have to try!" The once stoic and strong leader just sobbed, slamming his features in the crock of his forelimbs. He couldn’t even make sense of it all, he was so overly consumed with grief.

It wan’t until she spoke in a barely audible whisper that he looked up. "Come back to me, my little dove. Please..." The scene before him was so grotesque he couldn’t look away. To see a new mother covered in her child’s blood, cradling her lifeless body. It was an image forever carved into his mind to haunt him for the rest of his life. Through blurry eyes he watched Roxana strain to save their already lost child. It only pained him more, crying in deep agony, sobbing uncontrollably. There was no way to describe it. No parent should have to bear the pain of losing a child. It was inhumane, it was cruel and for once in his life he lost faith.

Crimson orbs looked to him with unending despair. Struggling to inch towards her he sobbed, burying his head into the child’s lifeless body as her mother held her with her feathery wings. "I couldn't...I couldn't do it. I couldn't save her," He just continued to cry. It was all he could. So consumed by emotions he couldn’t even speak. It was then the sorcery filled through him and he cried out. His threw his dial back and scream in great anguish. It was too much to comprehend. There he looked to Roxana, a broken and hollow shell. "I failed her, Leo. I failed you. I couldn't...I-I am so sorry. She's gone. Our baby is gone." Instantly he shook his dial… No that wasn’t true. It was then the anger started to slip into his veins like poison. “No! N-no you did not! This was not your fault! This was… It’s my.. fault…” The realization started to settle that this was his fault. His vice barely above a whisper, “ Someone murdered her in cold blood…” He couldn’t help but feel like this was a political statement, trying to hurt Sharad but killing the heir… what other reason to murder a precious and innocent life?

Leonidas walks.
Leonidas thinks.
"Leonidas talks."

T A G » @Roxana
M U S E » 10/10
W O R D S » 498
S T A T U S » finished
O O C » I think this can end this

Find Reply