o
Caeleste
OOC News
[ Archive ]
26st May 2018 | Thanks to everyone for voting on Discord for our default skin! Reveries has won and enjoy your prizes. If that's not your cup of tea, don't forget that we have nine skins to choose from!

21st May 2018 | Of the Month Nominations are now up! Go spread your love with your nominations here

16th May 2018 | After serious deliberations among the staff, we would like to welcome our new moderators: Delirium, Briallu, and Cinder! Congratulations! Thank you so much to everyone who auditioned; it was one of the toughest decisions we've ever had to make! We loved reading all of your applications!

30th April 2018 | Interested in becoming a part of the moderating team of Caeleste? Staff auditions are being held here! We welcome all to apply!

30th April 2018 | With all the battles underway right now, we are in need of guest battle judges! Please take a look here if you are interested!

30th April 2018 | Of the Month Voting is up - go vote for your favourites here!

18th April 2018 | Please congratulate the our two newest admins, Kiwi & Mallory! They were promoted thanks to all their hard work and dedication! We also want to thank all our current staff as they have been working really hard to make sure Cae is running smoothly! Keep your eye out as we are going to be hosting auditions to add two new moderators to our staff team!

15th April 2018 | The staff is at it again! A wonderful new type of quest is now offered to you wonderful members of Caeleste by the name of Misc Quests. No matter what it is your character desires they can now got to their Deity and see if they are willing to make their wildest dreams come true! Check out the info and rules here!

2nd April 2018 | We have amazing news!!! Immortality is now attainable through In Character achievement! Be sure to check it out in the guidebook, under Immortality!

* 25th February 2018 | The guidebook is undergoing a well deserved revision! Many things are being clarified and a few additions are being added. When the entire guidebook is finished being revised we will inform all members with an announcement following its finishing. Until now a new change log has been added for future references. Any new additions or changes to the guidebook will be added there for everyones sake, we wish for all our members to be 'in the know' and not feel left out. For now until the entire guidebook is finished you can follow the progress here. Understand that each section that is currently dated has been revised, if it is not dated it has not been revised yet, all new rules are being enforced starting the day they have been added. Be sure to keep up with the revisions and make yourself familiar with them as we go.

22nd February 2018 | After some staff discussion we have made an announcement regarding character names and some extra clarification that is not detailed in the guidebook. Please be sure to look over this announcement here and reply if you need.

21st February 2018 | Of the Month Nominations are up this month, go and nominate your favourites here!

20th February 2018 | We have a new poll up, Leadership Battle Grace Period Poll! We are considering changing our grace period for leadership battles to offer some more down time. Go read about it an give us your vote!

18th February 2018 | Additional news for today, we now have an absent/busy page that shows all members currently absent/busy as well as the reason stated for such! This page is controlled by the away status you set for your account (by going to edit profile --> away status). We will be going through the absences board as well and adding in current absences to some members profiles. If you had an absence thread posted but are no longer absent please delete the thread. <3 Thank you!

18th February 2018 | NEW SITE INCENTIVE!!! Weekly Challenges were set up in an effort to give members a chance to do something out of the ordinary with their character while receiving a reward for doing so. Be sure to check out the thread, challenges start today if you wish to get involved.

31st January 2018 | February OTM's are now open for voting! Cast your votes whenever you get a chance.

28th January 2018 | New quick link MyCodes available! Easily link a profile, thread or specific post in a thread. To read more on how to use them please see the More Resources section of the Guidebook. They can all be found under the Miscellaneous --> Useful MyCodes area.

25th January 2018 | New way of tagging. Instead of @username it is now @[username] and you will also see nifty little reminders in both posts and profiles that you can easily copy and paste instead of having to type out names! Hoping everyone has an easier time with tags now.

23nd January 2018 | Of the month nominations for February are taking place, be sure to nominate your favourites here!

22nd January 2018 | Thanks to the wonderful isoldehn, we have new rosters for each individual herd! They can be found in the navigation menu as a drop down under "Census". The Census & Player DB as well as all rosters now update automatically! We also just updated (moved accounts inactive) and deleted accounts (that were inactive for three months or more). This is a reminder to login every thirty days to keep accounts active and every ninety days to keep accounts from being deleted!

10th January 2018 | The poll has closed and Greeshma has a new Emperor!

7th January 2018 | Greeshma leadership voting is now open! Please go and cast your vote after your own deliberation on the applications for our leaders; thank you to everyone who entered! Go vote!

1st January 2018 | Happy New Year to all of Caeleste and all the lovely people in this community! To celebrate the new year, we are holding two contests alongside each other; a Posting Contest and an Advertising Contest and both have super prizes. It is a contest against yourself and not against other players, all in the name of earning some fantastic prizes, so we hope you'll really enjoy it! Let's have another fantastic year! And have fun posting!
IC News
[ Archive ]
26th May 2018 | Congratulations to Leonidas for defending his title as Emperor of Sharad from Caoimhe! Thank you to both participants for an exciting thread!

24th May 2018 | In an unexpected change of events, Caoimhe challenged the Emperor of Sharad Leonidas for the Silver Pines! Read it all HERE to see what happens next!

23th May 2018 | Thanks to one of our wonderful members, Jabberwocky, Caeleste has a special Masquerade Ball in full swing. Don't miss out on the fun! Before you do please be sure to check out the rules and check out this latest update.

19th May 2018 | Congratulations to Hassan for defending his title as Emperor of Greeshma from Rex Igni! It was a hard-fought battle, but in the end, Hassan emerged victoriously. Thank you to both participants for an exciting battle!

15th May 2018 | Due to Milly Mae's forfeit, Antiope is the new leader of Vasanta! Check it out here!

30th April 2018 | Everyone is in the fighting spirit in Caeleste today! Three new challengers have approached to take the throne of the Vasanta, Greeshma, and Hemanta leaders! See the battle between the elegant Milly Mae and her challenger, Antiope right HERE! While you're at it, check out the fierce battle between the fiery Hassan and his challenger, Rex Igni right HERE! Finally, watch as the stately Nylah takes on his challenger, Wessex right HERE! You won't want to miss these battles, so go see what all the excitement is about!

30th April 2018 | Due to Vithmiris's forfeit, Ylva is the new leader of Shishira! Check it out here!

28th April 2018 | The stunning Ylva has challenged the powerful Vithmiris's title of emperor! Don't miss out on this enthralling battle found here

16th April 2018 | Caeleste's Seasons and Years are now organized in an easy to read table. We are currently working on a coded version but please feel free to check it out at the bottom of the page here! With that being said our Year and Season has been updated! It is now Fall in Year Three!

13th April 2018 | It's Friday the 13th and Leonidas is out for blood! Come join the Sharads as they confront the Shishira demanding answers about the death of their Emperor's child! It's sure to be an enthralling thread! Check it out here!

2nd April 2018 | We have amazing news!!! Immortality is now attainable through In Character achievement! Be sure to check it out in the guidebook, under Immortality!

28th February 2018 | After a long battle, Vithmiris has been declared winner and keeps his reign as the Shishira Emperor! Thank you to our guest judges and staff who judged the riveting battle. You can check out the results here!

3rd February 2018 | The Emperor of Sharad, Leonidas, is calling an Emergency Herd Meeting! His first and only daughter has been murdered in cold blood! He needs your help, don't miss out. This is the beginning of something big! Check it out here and paticipate in this thrilling plot!

1st February 2018 | A newcomer by the name of Destroyah has challenged Vithmiris for leadership of Shishira. What will come of this? We do not know but you may follow the battle here!

10th January 2018 | Congratulations to Hassan on winning the place as Emperor of Greeshma!
Setting
Year III | Winter
The once auburn leaves and crimson colors are now gone, swept away by the strong winds leaving bare trees in its wake. The clouds also seemed to have swept in fast, plummeting the ground with snowflakes. All of Caeleste is quickly blanketed in snow and not just a thin layer of it either. The snow already reaches up to the knees of the more taller equines in most areas. Even the temperatures feel a lot colder than what they normally would be for winter. Snow storms tend to be hitting every other week or so, making all the habitants dreading what it will be like further into the winter. The rumours of a harsh winter are proving to be correct. Even the ice coating lakes are difficult to break through. Word is beginning to spread that this will be one long tough cold winter.
Monthly Herd Post Totals

Greeshma

119 posts

Hemanta

147 posts

Sharad

198 posts

Vasanta

198 posts

Shishira

185 posts
  • Member of the Month
    jabberwocky
    Despite being a member of Caeleste for only a short time, Jabber has managed to dive right into our community! She's always willing to talk or plot, and with her wonderful, active characters, she's already added so much to Caeleste! We look forward to seeing what else Jabber will bring in the future. Congratulations!
  • Thread of the Month
    Come As You Are
    An emotional thread and a great read with many of of our gifted members taking part! Emperor Leonidas, of Sharad, and his loyal followers storm through the ice and snow to face off with the horses of Shishira. Each horse at his side shows what dedicated subjects he has. The horses of Shishira are not apt to help but with his friends at his side, we're sure the truth will come out!
  • Couple of the Month
    Resin & Xavier
    Our duo who won TOTM last month, here they are again as our POTM! Resin and Xavier bring an interesting dynamic to the table in regards of a pairing. A tormented soul meeting another full of confidence, the sparks have been flying ever since. With Xavier recently confessing his feelings to Resin, only time will tell on how our lovebirds will continue to develop!
  • Character of the Month
    Aeoloni
    Aeoloni is a skilled warrior and is exciting to watch in battles. Even watching her in battle it is easy to see that she stands up as being a leader naturally. These skills are utilized well within Illustris Monastery - which was rebuilt and managed by the pegasus. It shows the joy and kindness the mare has towards others here within Caeleste. She is a mare you can count on if you need a helping hand.
  • Quote of the Month
    Pilot
    "Girlie, it's time to go. Unless you want to end up fried."

A moment found in Oops, I did it again where Pilot helps a small filly named Cirrus and helps guide her out of the Dragon Isle. It is a tender moment that highlights Pilot's concern for Cirrus's safety.
Community Center
[-]
IMPORTANT: OTM Nominations
Chat With Us
chat Discord report Conduct publish Popout
Newest Posts
[REFRESH]
Open Threads
Caeleste Time: 05-27-2018, 12:49 AM

|Dead Horse Ridge| i'm just curious.
genderMare
ageImmortal
height16.2 hh
breedWarlander
sorceryMoisture Control
sexualityBisexual
posts37
carats 22,109€ Carats
“Since when do I care about anyone's happiness but mine?”
(Skald) played by perm_identity Mallory, posted schedule 01-11-2018, 11:28 PM. link #1

Ursa

turn your shattered dreams into rhapsodies

A grimace pulled at Ursa's lips as her crystal blue eyes narrow slightly, braced against the cold wind of the Ridge. This was certainly a change of pace, but one she found she didn't mind all that much. Perhaps it was what she needed - a change of scenery, a change of pace. The cold and ice would wash away the bitter memories of red walls and cracked earth. A particularly strong blast of icy air cards through Ursa's snowy curls, tossing them askew with the gust of air. With a shrug, the diamond-encrusted mare picked up a leisurely walk. The only way to find out was to give it a try, right?

The way her hooves crunched in the snow was oddly soothing, the silence that blanketed the Ridge was peculiar. There were no other signs of others due to the lack of hoof prints in the snow, but that didn't mean there weren't others nearby. After all, snow was easy to cover one's tracks with. The wind that seemed to howl around her likely helped, too. Ursa's ears laid back against her slender neck as her gaze darted about. No, she was certain she wasn't alone...or wouldn't be alone for very long.

There were scents on the wind, as faint as they were, that told her others were afoot. Whether or not they were nearby was a whole other issue, one that Ursa was in no rush to discover. Instead, the twinkling mare turned her back to the wind as she sought shelter from the cold. Through squinting eyes, Ursa makes out a cluster of trees that are barely passable for shelter, but it's something. The mare makes quick work towards the trees, content to duck herself underneath their sparse branches for a reprieve from the wind and snow.

"Ursa's speech!" Ursa's thoughts!

@Vithmiris --- don't feel like you after to post, as it is an open thread! just wanted to give you the option
Tag Me: @Ursa
Find Reply
genderStallion
ageImmortal
height17.0 hh
breedTersk
sorceryRegeneration
sexualityDemisexual
posts180
carats 10,434€ Carats
plotterX
trackerX
“Excuse me, but I'm a fuckmothering vampire. I killed a lot of people to get this title, I deserve to be called such.”
(Citizen) played by perm_identity amore, posted schedule 01-13-2018, 10:36 PM. link #2
Vithmiris
I only want to cut you open, and run my tongue along your heart.
The thing he loved most about the location they’d chosen to live in was the terrain. It is steep and treacherous, dangerous to any who did not have sure footing or a sense of confidence in their step; and that was just in regards to the landscape in general. So few were capable of withstanding the ice cold winds that blasted through the mountains, or the blizzards that hindered all senses; the mountains themselves were a test of will and endurance to all who dared to scale them.

“You know, if you kept going, you’d have found much better shelter than this.”

A voice sounds around the woman, coming from no particular direction no thanks to the wind carrying it. But, soon enough, something brushes its way through the mare’s legs like a cat. In fact, it was. Now sitting between her front legs and looking up backwards at her is a snow leopard, although where a natural pair of pale yellow eyes would have been, are a pair of brilliant red and orange glowing orbs.

A wicked grin spreads across its face as he looks at the woman, “There’s plenty of caves further up, and if you’re capable of climbing higher, there’s the citadel as well. These trees won’t do much for you.”

Speaks | Thinks | Sounds Like | @Ursa

|| idk why he's a snow leopard... something different for him xD
|| Please tag Vithmiris in each post. ||
|| Please note that Vithmiris is typically a M-rated character. ||

Tag Me: @Vithmiris
Find Reply
genderMare
ageImmortal
height16.2 hh
breedWarlander
sorceryMoisture Control
sexualityBisexual
posts37
carats 22,109€ Carats
(Skald) played by perm_identity Mallory, posted schedule 01-14-2018, 10:14 AM. link #3

Ursa

Ursa knew that, if her suspicions were indeed correct, that she wouldn't have to wait long to be discovered. Granted, the star-dusted mare had expected to make it a little farther into the Ridge before her discovery was made...but, even the most well thought out plans could easily get fucked up. At least she didn't have to fear breaking a leg, that much was certain. She had done enough traveling in her lifetime that Ursa was sure of hoof.

At least she would die by toppling down the side of a mountain. How embarrassing that would be.

The star speckled mare is hardly surprised to be found, given her poor choice of shelter. Then again, she was learning the lay of the land. It's not like she knew any better. At least, not yet. Her crystal blue eyes flicker over, confused at first to not see the source of the voice. It wraps around her like the howling wind, causing Ursa to suddenly being hyper-aware of her surroundings...until her piercing gaze looked down. Oh. Now it made more sense.

"I suppose I would have, though I must admit I'm new here. Can't hold it against a lady to need a quick rest, now could you?" she replied pleasantly, unperturbed by the fact the creature had wound his way through her legs. Staring up at her through her front legs was a snow leopard, though she figured he was no ordinary snow leopard. A part of her mind knew this was rather strange - but then again, Ursa had seen much more bizarre things.

Instead of the natural color of a snow leopard's eyes, eyes of red and orange star back at her. It confirmed her previous belief, though it made her wonder who it was that wore the leopard's skin. A subtle smirk tugged at the corners of her white lips at his suggestion, her horned head tilting slightly. "Would it be too forward of me to ask if you mind showing me the way? The caves would be fine. I wouldn't want to be too presumptuous to appear on the lord of this land's doorstep without properly introducing myself."

@Vithmiris
Find Reply
genderStallion
ageImmortal
height17.0 hh
breedTersk
sorceryRegeneration
sexualityDemisexual
posts180
carats 10,434€ Carats
plotterX
trackerX
“Excuse me, but I'm a fuckmothering vampire. I killed a lot of people to get this title, I deserve to be called such.”
(Citizen) played by perm_identity amore, posted schedule 01-24-2018, 04:01 AM. link #4
Vithmiris
"Heh, whatever you think..." The creature shrugs as it steps away from her, waiting on the center of the path as she asks if he might lead her to a cave. With a soft sigh, the cat stretches out and kneads at the snow-covered path for a few moments, almost as if contemplating her question. Turning around in a cirlce, he hums softly, which comes out like a purr, before taking a few steps up the slope.

"Very well, although I can assure you he knows you're here already." And he isn't just saying that due to actually being there; even if he hadn't been venturing around the cliffs, it took precious little time for the Ridge's centries to report any outsiders or newcomers venturing into his domain. With a toothed grin, the feline trots forward and up the slope, long tail dancing around behind him, swaying from side to side.

After a few minutes of walking, he stopped outside of the caves he had mentioned, that lay somewhere just over half-way up the mountains heading towards the Bloodfall Citadel. They were only shallow caves, useful only for travelling pitstops really, to keep out of the dangers of the harsh winter realm. There he sits and watches her. An interestingly coloured creature, the way the stardust dances on her body reminds him of how Slythe almost glows in the moonlight, and they even have a somewhat similar horn, in the way it curves backwards.

"So what are you doing out here then, I wonder, if you're not on your way to the Citadel. There is little in the way of anything but caves and cliffs out here." For whatever reason, he remains in this feline form, rather enjoying how alien it feels.

||

Find Reply
genderMare
ageImmortal
height16.2 hh
breedWarlander
sorceryMoisture Control
sexualityBisexual
posts37
carats 22,109€ Carats
(Skald) played by perm_identity Mallory, posted schedule 01-24-2018, 07:22 PM. link #5

Ursa

Ursa is surprisingly patient today, despite her tendency to not be. Whatever this strange talking creature was, he was useful. If she got information from him, and shelter, Ursa would consider today a win. Hell, getting a break from the cold would be considered a significant improvement to her day at this rate. There was little doubt that the creature was some horse in disguise, perhaps even a member of the kingdom that resided in the Ridge. But for now, she was willing to play along with whatever game he was playing.

The star-dusted mare shrugs at the snow leopard's reply before moving away from her pitiful cluster of trees. "If he does, so be it." It was a rather plain, yet honest statement. She'd deal with whatever potential fall out that followed if she incurred the Emperor's wrath later. Ursa plods alongside the snow leopard, her eyes squinting against the wind as she tried to burn the lay of the Ridge into her mind. It doesn't take them long to happen upon the caves he had mentioned earlier. Ursa chuckles in amusement at her own folly, shaking her horned head as she ducked into the shallow cave. It wasn't much, but it was enough for a quick rest.

Her blue gaze darts back down to the talking snow leopard, her skull tilting slightly in curiosity at his inquiry. A rather nosy creature he was, but...It was also a fair thing to ponder. "Well, I was trying to get a good idea of the terrain of the Ridge. Learn how to navigate it, how to survive in it, before approaching the Citadel. There's no point in approaching an Emperor if I'm as useless as a newborn thrown out into the snow to survive," Ursa replied as if it was obvious. Did no one try to learn how a kingdom operated before trying to join their ranks anymore? How strange. "The previous lands I was once...a part of are the polar opposite of the Ridge. Dry, hot, yet just as unyielding. I knew it would mean my death to walk in here blind, metaphorically speaking."

@Vithmiris
Find Reply
genderStallion
ageImmortal
height17.0 hh
breedTersk
sorceryRegeneration
sexualityDemisexual
posts180
carats 10,434€ Carats
plotterX
trackerX
(Citizen) played by perm_identity amore, posted schedule 02-01-2018, 02:02 AM. link #6
Vithmiris
She is logical, which seems to be a rare thing in these parts, but something that Vithmiris at least has a bit of an appreciation for. "A sensible outlook, I suppose. Although, any that can manage to make it to the Citadel in one healthy piece is normally a decent enough amount of proof of ingenuity to survive here." He chuckles lightly, eyes never leaving her as she speaks.

"So asides from exploring and learning the paths of the Ridge, what do you expect of your visit?"

He knows that it probably seems strange, if not just entirely suspicious, that such a creature is asking her so many questions to do with why she is here, but she'll find out at some point who he is anyway, so why not have some fun with it first? He'd been cooped up in the Citadel dealing with repairs and Emperor work that he needed a good dose of fresh air and fresh faces. Surely she is smart enough to figure out who he is (or at least, a good close guess), and so he waits for her answer surprisingly patiently, fluffy tail drifting back and forth behind him gently.

Speaks | Thinks | Sounds Like | @[Ursa]

|| shitpost is shit sorry D:

Find Reply
genderMare
ageImmortal
height16.2 hh
breedWarlander
sorceryMoisture Control
sexualityBisexual
posts37
carats 22,109€ Carats
(Skald) played by perm_identity Mallory, posted schedule 03-03-2018, 09:11 AM. link #7
Turn your shattered dreams
into rhapsodies.
A ghost or a smile tugs at Ursa's white lips, and though her icy facade doesn't seem to break, there's a twinkle of amusement in her blue eyes. "Yes, I suppose," she answers with a slight chuckle as she shakes her head in bemusement. She wondered idly how many horses had fallen prey to the ferocious nature of the Ridge - whether death through the weather, or by predators...or by those who lived here. Oh yes, she had heard of all kinds of types taking residence in the ridge. Yet, Ursa felt no fear. Why fear those who were like her?

There's a noncommittal shrug in response to Vithmiris's words at first, though her icy gaze flicked down to the creature. "Maybe a roof over my head, like most other creatures want. I'll readily admit I am not one for the rugged, solitary lifestyle," she replied smoothly, though her horned skull tilted slightly as she regarded the snow leopard shaped stallion. "Though I'd like to imagine the Emperor would put me to good use, somewhere. I hate being idle. Such a waste of my talents."

She had once been a very active queen; doing patrols herself, meeting all those who entered her lands, making alliances. Ursa's face was seen everywhere and many had known her name. And before that, she had been an active politician on the behalf of another monarch. Sitting idle left the star-dusted mare prone to plot and scheme - something her predecessor disliked. "Though I can imagine being a right twit in a snowstorm has certainly hampered my attempts, wouldn't you say, your highness?" she inquired, a lopsided smirk taking hold of her cold features.

Ursa was certainly far from a fool. Though she hadn't initially suspected it, after some time it seemed hilariously obvious just who was leading her around the Ridge. "Do you regularly lead stragglers around in a shape shifted form?"

"Speech!" Thoughts!

@Vithmiris - I am SO sorry for the wait!!!
Find Reply
genderStallion
ageImmortal
height17.0 hh
breedTersk
sorceryRegeneration
sexualityDemisexual
posts180
carats 10,434€ Carats
plotterX
trackerX
(Citizen) played by perm_identity amore, posted schedule 03-07-2018, 08:16 PM. link #8
Vithmiris
"Hmm, being idle is quite drole. Although, useful in the right situation." He purrs in amusement, having more than once simply sat in wait for another to come to him instead of wasting his energy seeking them out in a premtive strike. So many had confused his patience for cowardice, and it had always cost them their lives.

A small but wicked grin spreads across his face as he remembers those times fondly, which just so happens to be the same time that his visitor refers to him as Highness.

He knew she'd catch on sooner or later, and is certainly glad that it is sooner; he values those who are switched on far more than those that could have the most obvious thing ever waved in their face and still fail to see anything. "Not usually, no, but I figured why not have some fun once in a while?"

He gets to his feet and takes a few steps away from her, allowing enough room for a whirl of black fog to engulph him; the snow leopard vanished within seconds and in its place stood the vampire in his true dark form. But, I am quite interested in these talents of yours you mentioned... Care to enlighten me, and I shall lead you to the Citadel?

Find Reply
genderMare
ageImmortal
height16.2 hh
breedWarlander
sorceryMoisture Control
sexualityBisexual
posts37
carats 22,109€ Carats
(Skald) played by perm_identity Mallory, posted schedule 03-16-2018, 11:25 AM. link #9
Turn your shattered dreams
into rhapsodies.
A light scoff passes Ursa's lips; not towards Vithmiris, of course. That would be rude. "Have you heard of the saying "idle minds are the devil's playthings"? I find the saying can be entirely too accurate on some occasions," she replied with a slight grimace. The sheer mischief that she had done as a child was enough of a reminder but as an adult...Well, she certainly had blood on her hooves for more than one instance. She knew that the saying was often true for the souls Ursa liked to surround herself with. Maybe that was a character flaw on her part.

With a gentle shake of her head to rattle herself free from her train of thought, her attention returns to Vithmiris. She wondered idly what his true form looked like, but knew she'd eventually see it if she was patient enough. Maybe not today, but in the future if he took a liking to her and graciously allowed her to stay in the Ridge. She laughed, not at all expecting his response. "I suppose that is fair."

Her curiosity was sated when suddenly he morphed into his true shape. A dark stallion as black as the night and only slightly taller than Ursa herself. Only he had a set of burning red-orange eyes, which was quite the opposite of Ursa's own icy gaze. A subtle smirk causes Ursa's lips to twitch. "I've held several positions in my long life; regent, queen, or resident lunatic depending on who you talk to. Regardless, I've never lost my mind or the sharpness of my tongue," she replied with a slight shrug as if the accomplishments of her titles alone were not entirely important. And they really weren't, or so Ursa thought. Not when she came from a foreign land outside of Caeleste. "But I'll let you in on a little secret project of mine since you seem to be the type to find interest in it. I'm working on a specialized focus on my sorcery - one that focuses on being able to control the blood flow of others." There was a pause as Ursa regarded the Shishira Emperor with a blank expression, her horned skull tilting slightly as if the new angle would shed some kind of secret about him. "For the kind of souls that seem to gather around you, I thought both my past and my little project might be of some use to you."

"Speech!" Thoughts!

@Vithmiris
Find Reply
genderStallion
ageImmortal
height17.0 hh
breedTersk
sorceryRegeneration
sexualityDemisexual
posts180
carats 10,434€ Carats
plotterX
trackerX
(Citizen) played by perm_identity amore, posted schedule 03-24-2018, 03:25 AM. link #10
Vithmiris
One of his tradmark wicked grins dances its way across his lips at her choice in words. Indeed, but it isn't just idle minds that are playthings. Whilst his skills in influencing the minds of others is not what it once was (no thanks to all of the years he had spent sleeping, and then not using it after), he is certainly eager to get himself back on track and wreak havoc, and such a notion is front and center in his burning gaze.

A brief yet hearty laugh erupts from within the black creature as she describes her past positions, enjoying her addition of 'resident lunatic'. Whilst he currently has one of his own in the form of his assassin, Illudra, he knows full-well that crazy attracts crazy; he has never denied being insane to any who have called him such.

What makes his ears truly perk forward, and in fact, his entire body language changes to that of one giving another their sole focus, is her mentioning of how she wishes to hone her abilities. "Well, now, that certainly is an interesting... " He doesn't even try to hide his eager interest, the grin partially returning in a half-curled smirk as she finishes.

He hums softly in thought, a variety of uses for such abilities coursing through his mind as he looks over her form. She will be one to keep a careful eye on, but also one that, just perhaps, may prove to be an incredibly useful ally. Now, sated enough with the information provided, he begins to walk up the path, leading the way up towards the large Citadel.

"It may surprise you to know that not all who hold rank under my rule are like what you may think. Most are, true, others are certainly worse, but there are some who are simple... There. " He gives a bit of a shrug as he walks. He still hasn't met everyone that calls the Ridge home, as there's quite a number who hold residence outside of the Citadel, somewhere in the mountains on their own.

He couldn't care much less about them, though.

Whilst he doesn't appear the type to believe in the herd mentality, in truth, he understands its importance; especially in a treacherous place such as these mountains. He cocks his head slightly to glance around at her as he continued walking, "In any case, I do appreciate your interest in wanting to be of use. Did you have something in particular in mind, a role you would like to fill, perhaps? We have many open military ranks at this time, whilst our spies are closed, although there are other positions available if such things do not suit your fancy."

It won't take too long to reach the Citadel, another 10 or so minutes going up the mountain if the weather and mountains permitted an easy passage, so he figures it best to make use of the time instead of luring her into the castle beyond the gates and having the same conversation there as he'd done with almost all others seeking employment.

Find Reply